Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer P320

Sig Sauer P320

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I was wondering if you had tried the M2.0s? I absolutely hate my first-gen M&P and never use it, but I like my 2.0s a lot. They feel and shoot like very different guns.
    Yes, and accuracy seemed fine. Good grip texture, and the trigger was ok. But, I have a long memory when it comes to gun manufacturers, so that’s why.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-24-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yes, and accuracy seemed fine. Good grip texture, and the trigger was ok. But, I have a long memory when it comes to gun manufacturers, so that’s why.
    Very fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I carried a G17.4 through the police academy and my first couple of years on patrol. My Guard unit is trading our Berettas for M18s within the next month or two. So I figured I'd give the P320 a hard look to see if I want to run the same (or similar) gun for my cop job.

I bought a couple of P320 Carry models earlier this year and decided to test them out. I put 1k rounds through each gun and had no issues. I do prefer it over my Glock, but only for a couple of relatively minor points. I prefer the enlarged trigger guard for use with gloves. I also like having the ability to experiment with different grip modules, stipple jobs, etc.

I haven't noted any quality issues so far with my P320s. I guess time and round count will ultimately tell the story there. However, I will say that my issued G17 had its own QC issue when I first got it. The mag release was out-of-spec and would drop loaded mags during recoil. It was fixed with a simple part swap, but I guess my point is that all high-volume manufacturers put out the occasional lemon.
    Last edited by RJflyer; 04-25-2019 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJflyer View Post
    My Guard unit is trading our Berettas for M18s within the next month or two.
    Hmm that's pretty interesting. What is your unit?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

We were supposed to be getting M17s in November here in VT but they nixed an upcoming deployment and with it went the M17s. Not disappointed by that at all. I like my M9 just fine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Hmm that's pretty interesting. What is your unit?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Utah ANG. I'll be in Afghanistan when the switch is scheduled to happen. I suppose this will be my last deployment with an M9.

I like the 320s for the fact that they dont have a trigger safety..........one of the reasons i ditched my glocks was the fact that their trigger dinguses rubbed me raw any time my round count got in the hundreds in a session.

I'm a P320 armorer and one thing that I don't like is I can't get magazine followers to replace faulty ones.

If anyone knows of a source for followers only at a decent price, I'd appreciate it. As far as the pistols themselves, I have had to replace parts in factory fresh guns for some of the one's I am responsible for. QC is not where it should be for the price point.

I do like the pistol and mine has been very reliable. I'll see how it does in the future.

The detail strip procedure requires more time and often, more tools than a Glock. Nothing wrong with that from an armorer's perspective but I'd still rather tear down a Glock due to the itty, bitty springs in the P320 such as the striker return spring. During the armorer's class, the instructor, Paul Braun, told us "If you lose a spring, don't even bother looking for it. Come up front and grab another one....I got a million of them. We don't have time to hunt the carpet."

Make the magazine parts available, make the caliber x change kits affordable, tighten up QC, and get customer support where it should be (we had a bad experience in our search for followers with a Sig rep after purchasing more than 40 copies) and I'd be happy.

Not sure if it's me or the gun/ammo combos I've tried but I can't print a decent 25 yard slow fire ten shot group with mine. It shoots okay....but nowhere near as tight as my Glocks or other pistols. It's fine for combat shooting but I can't seem to crack the code for 25 yard, all blacking B8s.

Regards.

As I was packing up my FNS to send back for the recall, I had the FNS, P320CC (357), and my PX4 full-size all sitting on the bed together. So I stacked them on top of each other to see how they stacked up (NPI). The PX4 was about a quarter inch or so longer at the barrel than the other two. That's it, no other discernable differences. I should have dug out my 1911 Champion, but I didn't think about it at the time.

The compact pistol field is really, really crowded right now. My M&P 9C will be here today, it is smaller than the others.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I'm a P320 armorer and one thing that I don't like is I can't get magazine followers to replace faulty ones.
    What is the diagnostic cue leading to deciding it is a faulty follower, vs a spring or a mag tube?

User Tag List