Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P 45 PD trades $229

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Tempting.
    But I have lost my recoil tolerance for .45, my arthritis will have me flinching in short order.

Q: Will the Smith function on midrange target loads? I load .45 Minor for my 1911s but they are sprung for it.
    ASYM has a 185 at 775 that would do on the Factory for Carry plan.
    I would imagine it would be a matter of springing the gun for the load you want.

I can tell you the M&P is the softest shooting 45 (and 40) I have shot.

I have shot light .45 target loads (185 gr lead SWC at 800 fps) out of two Gen 1 M&Ps, and they functioned just fine with stock, but well used, recoil springs. They shot great.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    If only these had thumb safeties...that's how the one I have is set up, and I don't want to further confuse my already-feeble mind.

I'm 67 but seem to have dodged the arthritis bullet, at least to this point. I'd be fine with carrying a .45 again but for the cost of ammo and components, and my current preference for TDA.
    As long as they have the cutout in the frame a thumb safety is drop-in. I've done a couple.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I ended picking one up for a outdoor type gun that you can beat up some. I don’t carry or use a 45acp

But I mean for $230 your really can’t go wrong for a reliable and durable gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Once upon a time, not too long ago, I would have been all over this. They also have G22Gen4 trade ins as low as $309 and USP40Fs for under $400. I’m personally at a point in my life where I need to be downsizing as opposed to expanding. I really wish it were otherwise because this is probably the best buyers market we’ll have in our lifetimes.
    I was in Town Police here in Richmond yesterday and they had Gen 3 and 4 G22 trade ins for $299 each with box and 1 mag. Extra mags $15 each. Talked myself out of buying one but may reconsider. My work will, I am told, stick with the .40 round for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for the heads up. I got one and it's great. Little slide rust that scrubbed off but the gun is tight and shoots well. Love it!

User Tag List