Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Input Requested: Ditch Glock 19 for G45?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    If you can hide the larger gun as well then there's no need to keep the 19's. Just make sure the 45 conceals well with all of your clothes.
    Or, down select all of your clothes to suit the gun.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I don’t know about getting rid of your 19s. I would just add g45s to the mix.

I carry a g45 as 19s really don’t conceal all that much better for me. It’s negligible, so I rather carry the full-size grip and have the benefits.

I also agree with GJM about chopping a 19 to 26 length. You really cannot go wrong with a setup like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I may have said this on PF before, but I found I could conceal the 19X/G45 as well as a 19 because I could wear the larger frame lower and still draw it reasonably well. The 19 needed to be worn higher to allow me an acceptable grip on the draw, which negated the size advantage of the 19.
    I don’t have a G45....yet, but this is my experience with the standard 17 vs 19 carried IWB at 3:30. I rarely carry the 19, opting for the 17 or 26 most days.

I haven’t carried my 19 in a long time. I carry one of my 17s if I want a bigger pistol. I’m happy to say the 48 in a DSG holster has now replaced my j-frame for a low profile gun. I really no longer have a place for a 19.

I carry the 17 appendix with a 34 length holster. A 19x/45 is a neat concept but doesn’t really fill a void for me. If I carried strong side or OWB I could see the appeal.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Do you only conceal in these garments, and if not then how does the G45 do in those other garments?
    Usually. Untucked t-shirts are my go-to and if I need to dress fancier (tucked in, fitted shirts) I go to something that fits that style of dress better.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @Jay585 - Your beltline in the bottom picture freaked me out for a second until I realized that it was the bevel in the mirror.
    Yeah, I'm sorry. I've gotten used to it, so I forget about that bevel.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I haven’t carried my 19 in a long time. I carry one of my 17s if I want a bigger pistol. I’m happy to say the 48 in a DSG holster has now replaced my j-frame for a low profile gun. I really no longer have a place for a 19.

I carry the 17 appendix with a 34 length holster. A 19x/45 is a neat concept but doesn’t really fill a void for me. If I carried strong side or OWB I could see the appeal.
    If I hadn't invested heavily in G19 holsters I would've gotten a 17, maybe even a 34. The G45 was a happy compromise.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Input Requested: Ditch Glock 19 for G45?

My g19x shot better for me than my g17.5. I preferred the slide speed and recoil impulse of the 19X. My friend who was a bit time 17 fan thought the same and bought a 19x shortly after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 04-21-2019 at 01:03 PM.

If you can conceal a G45 well, I’d go with that. I like the 17 length grip more than the 19 personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I shot the 19x better than my 19. The reloads were faster as well. For me I sadly sold the 19x over the 19 for the fact that it did not conceal better iwb for me. If it had, that would have been the direction I had taken.

If you can I would suggest always keeping a 19 for the fact that in certain circumstances it will conceal better. And it is just a damn good gun to keep.

She's in a good home my friend! I feed her an S&B 124 grain diet and lube her regularly

Quote Originally Posted by EJO View Post
    She's in a good home my friend! I feed her an S&B 124 grain diet and lube her regularly
    I am very glad to hear that! I am amazed at how damn good that gun shoots.

User Tag List