Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wilson/Beretta Centurion Tactical......

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Sure, and I have a mag guide on my BrigTac that I've added, but the BrigTac has remained stagnant while the CenTac now comes with these features standard. I also find it weird that the more compact model (the CenTac) comes with higher capacity magazines than the full size.
    Valid point re/front sight. I don't understand why WC doesn't offer different options on their Berettas like Langdon does, although when I pre ordered my Elite LTT all that was offered was the trigger job. Concerning the mag guide, it isn't like you are getting something for nothing as the increased price reflects the added feature as standard, not optional like on the Brig Tac. That was the point I so awkwardly tried to make.

Today marked one thousand rounds through the CenTac. I cleaned it for the first time today and couldn't find anything abnormal. No failures, excellent accuracy and performance all the way around. I wish I had something interesting to report, but it works as advertised and is now my primary carry gun.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I got really lucky and won a barely used CenTac with action tune on GB for a grand. That is a wonderful gun. I have the CenTac, a standard Centurion and a 92D Centurion. I really like the balance of them. Would love to see a Langdon Elite Centurion or an M9A3 Centurion.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Yes it does, but I was surprised at the difference between the standard length 92 and the CenTac. I normally start my training routine at 25 yards and work in to 5 yards. By the time I was at the 10 to 5 yard lines and pushing for max speed that attribute really started to evidence itself.
    Interesting. I’ve personally never experienced a significant gain in the slightly shorter slides, in close, that others claim. We’re splitting hairs in this case, and the shorter slide makes a noticeable difference in concealment. I sure wish they used this dovetailed slide on the compact model.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Interesting. I’ve personally never experienced a significant gain in the slightly shorter slides, in close, that others claim. We’re splitting hairs in this case, and the shorter slide makes a noticeable difference in concealment. I sure wish they used this dovetailed slide on the compact model.
    If you have a Compact and a CenTac, you can use the CenTac upper on the Compact lower, as Centurion and Compact uppers and frames interchange.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you have a Compact and a CenTac, you can use the CenTac upper on the Compact lower, as Centurion and Compact uppers and frames interchange.
    I thought about that, but that’s quite an investment to get dovetail sights on my Compact (don’t currently own a CenTac). Seeing some of the rumors floating around lately, I’m hoping they’ll be an LTT solution in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Seeing some of the rumors floating around lately, I’m hoping they’ll be an LTT solution in the near future.
    That would be wonderful for the growing Beretta community.

Wilson Combat made one like that some years ago, but stopped. Maybe the market is ready again?
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

Quote Originally Posted by BobRockefeller View Post
    That would be wonderful for the growing Beretta community.

Wilson Combat made one like that some years ago, but stopped. Maybe the market is ready again?
    I have the “Wilson” 92 Compact. Doesn’t have a dovetail front sight.

Whelp, at 3,100 rounds fired I've encountered a couple of issues.

Last night at the range, the orange paint on the front sight decided to disengage. That was a quick fix, but a bit irritating.

The Wilson butt plug, I mean magazine guide, has become loose. It was never rock solid, but now it's developed quite a bit of rotational play. I'll probably remove it and replace it with a flat plug.

Other than these two minor issues the gun's been great.

One data point: it eats recoil springs at a faster rate than a full size 92. Having used a Colt commander in years passed this didn't surprise me, as that gun had the same quirk when compared to a full size Govt. Model. It looks like 2-2.5K rounds will be the standard replacement interval.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 06-13-2019 at 06:59 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Whelp, at 3,100 rounds fired I've encountered a couple of issues.

<snip>

The Wilson butt plug, I mean magazine guide, has become loose. It was never rock solid, but now it's developed quite a bit of rotational play. I'll probably remove it and replace it with a flat plug.
    Yeah - the mag guide seemed like a nice idea, but it didn’t play well with the Beretta “Elite” rubber baseplates that I use on pretty much all my mags. It’s in the parts storage tray with assorted springs and stuff now.

Other than these two minor issues the gun's been great.

One data point: it eats recoil springs at a faster rate than a full size 92. Having used a Colt commander in years passed this didn't surprise me, as that gun had the same quirk when compared to a full size Govt. Model. It looks like 2-2.5K rounds will be the standard replacement interval.
    How did you determine that they needed replacement at that interval? I’d like to know what to look for in my several compact-slide guns.

User Tag List