Thread: Wesley Cook

Wesley Cook

For the sake of interpretation, I was a sworn peace officer for 34 years. My brother, son, and daughters are or were (retired).

I am not, as much as self-examination can deduce, pessimistic. Nonetheless, I possess little if any thought that justice can or might prevail in the U.S., either generally or specifically, on any reasonably extrapolated trajectory.

For those whose opinions might differ, please frame your response as if you were looking into the eyes of Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner's widow, Maureen Faulkner. Tell her.

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/04/...e-appeal-case/

This is a disgrace and a travesty. I can't put it more succinctly than that.

I never understood why this case seems to be so controversial, in terms of justice. Even if you assume every eye witness was lying or mistaken, Cook was absolutely shot with Faulkner's gun and casings at the scene matched Cook's revolver. What do they think happened, exactly? This isn't even debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
    I never understood why this case seems to be so controversial, in terms of justice.
    That is a mistake that those who, in good faith, advance the same to those who possess none. It is a trait (of good people) that the evil uses as an advantage. It is a form of projection that reasonable people perform: expecting reason and rational thought as a given from any specific group. "Oh they would never do (or think) that, that is a bridge too far."

There is nothing too far for people whose foundational position is "by any means necessary". That idea did not start as a slogan on a tee shirt.

User Tag List