Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Thread: Seriously considering going back to the 1911 for carry. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    It appears to me that you may have a cracked Firing Pin Stop. Take a close look.
    yes sir. you are correct. thats an older pic.

it has been fixed.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Thanks for posting that. That's really intriguing.

I believe Wilson uses a proprietary front sight dovetail though...I wonder if Novak could install these on a Wilson 1911.
    I ordered a green one from Novak and got it in yesterday. It is actually made by Night Fision.

https://www.nightfision.com/product/...novak-cut-1911

I'll hopefully install it and shoot it by the weekend.

“Going back”? I’ve mostly carried either a 1911 or BHP my whole life. I’ve dallied with other designs and been restricted by policy at times but I always find myself with a 1911 of some flavor eventually. Now that I’m retired I’ve gone over to Dark Side with a Ruger Lightweight Commander in 9mm.

This may be “The One”.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I took my MCOP out on Sunday for a spin.

About 4-5 rounds in.... my trigger locked up. Hammer back but no trigger movement. Scratching my head. It eventually cleared up and locked up again. It did again 3 more times till I decided to call it quits. Well hell, this has never happened with this piece.

I took it apart and found debris in the magwell and action. The blue debris in the magwell is my blue weighted plastic mags which I was practicing mag changes 2 weeks ago. They do (blue mags) have some age to them and I will not use them any more. I detailed cleaned my MCOP and its back together for the next range session. It is my opinion that the blue mag debris was the culprit.

Thanks for posting this. I had thought of getting this product from Wilson, but I am rethinking that now:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/The-Ult...uctinfo/NW244/
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I had thought of getting this product from Wilson, but I am rethinking that now:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/The-Ult...uctinfo/NW244/
    I think you will be ok.

my blue mags are old. The break down area is the mag catch as my blue mags are chewed up pretty good there.

I need to find some cheap, used 1911 mags with bumpers as mag change trainers.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter

Combat Commander

Well I managed to convince a coworker that he didn't need my Combat Commander that he bought from me and shot one time when we went to the range. Luckily he only put a small Idiot Scratch on it which I was able to cold blue. We worked a trade, so it's back where it belongs.

Name:  Commander.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  76.9 KBName:  Herd of Colts.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  50.6 KB

The Herd is growing.... And the Zebra Pink Gripped one is my Wife's before anyone comments on it.... lol
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I took my MCOP out on Sunday for a spin.

About 4-5 rounds in.... my trigger locked up. Hammer back but no trigger movement. Scratching my head. It eventually cleared up and locked up again. It did again 3 more times till I decided to call it quits. Well hell, this has never happened with this piece.

I took it apart and found debris in the magwell and action. The blue debris in the magwell is my blue weighted plastic mags which I was practicing mag changes 2 weeks ago. They do (blue mags) have some age to them and I will not use them any more. I detailed cleaned my MCOP and its back together for the next range session. It is my opinion that the blue mag debris was the culprit.

messing around at 7 yards with doubles when my MCOP was working. The group below was from my Colt 5" 25 yard shots. I hope that was just the sun in my eyes.

no trigger function

It happens.

I had a single (kinda large) grain of beach sand get between the frame and trigger bar of a Glock 21 once. Stopped it dead in it's tracks. Had to detail strip the frame to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Well I managed to convince a coworker that he didn't need my Combat Commander that he bought from me and shot one time when we went to the range. Luckily he only put a small Idiot Scratch on it which I was able to cold blue. We worked a trade, so it's back where it belongs.

Name:  Commander.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  76.9 KBName:  Herd of Colts.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  50.6 KB

The Herd is growing.... And the Zebra Pink Gripped one is my Wife's before anyone comments on it.... lol
    Nice collection! I do hate when guys put idiot scratch's into them. Just take the extra two seconds to properly install the slide stop. I hate it when guys say "ITS GOOD WHEN IT HAS A IDIOT SCRATCH, MEANS ITS BEEN MAINTAINED". I have 10 1911's and never put a idiot scratch into any of them.

My pistols generally end up like this. I could care less about scratches, even idiot ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    My pistols generally end up like this. I could care less about scratches, even idiot ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats honest wear which I'm all about. I just hate it when people don't take the time to learn the system that they adopt.

User Tag List