Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast

Thread: Seriously considering going back to the 1911 for carry. Anyone else?

Everything is tight on this pistol. No complaints.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post

So being fairly new to 1911s let me ask a question way above my pay grade: are we putting too much into the 10-8 extractor test? Or put another way, which "test" is more indicative of a lack of extractor tension?
    You can have appropriate tension, geometry, and deflection and still fail the 10-8 test because the ejector is buggered.

Your gun may run even if it doesn't pass the test, but I haven't seen many/any guns that passed the 10-8 test that were unreliable in feeding and ejecting.

There are available extractor gauges to measure tension or you can put a loaded round in the disassembled slide to check of it'll hold tight...but the first suggests that you have correct extractor geometry (not many guns do) and the second isn't always a sensitive indicator that your extractor tension is correct. To say nothing of geometry.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boldkharma View Post
    Everything is tight on this pistol. No complaints.
    Mine is not a problem with function. The safety itself protrudes into beaver tail. Rips my hand up. Need to file the edges down and smooth it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took my MCOP out on Sunday for a spin.

About 4-5 rounds in.... my trigger locked up. Hammer back but no trigger movement. Scratching my head. It eventually cleared up and locked up again. It did again 3 more times till I decided to call it quits. Well hell, this has never happened with this piece.

I took it apart and found debris in the magwell and action. The blue debris in the magwell is my blue weighted plastic mags which I was practicing mag changes 2 weeks ago. They do (blue mags) have some age to them and I will not use them any more. I detailed cleaned my MCOP and its back together for the next range session. It is my opinion that the blue mag debris was the culprit.

messing around at 7 yards with doubles when my MCOP was working. The group below was from my Colt 5" 25 yard shots. I hope that was just the sun in my eyes.

no trigger function
    Last edited by SW CQB 45; 10-14-2019 at 09:01 PM.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post

About 4-5 rounds in.... my trigger locked up. Hammer back but no trigger movement. Scratching my head. It eventually cleared up and locked up again. It did again 3 more times till I decided to call it quits. Well hell, this has never happened with this piece.

I took it apart and found debris in the magwell and action. The blue debris in the magwell is my blue weighted plastic mags which I was practicing mag changes 2 weeks ago. They do (blue mags) have some age to them and I will not use them any more. I detailed cleaned my MCOP and its back together for the next range session. It is my opinion that the blue mag debris was the culprit.
    I had a similar thing happen with a beretta 92 that had a bagillion dry fires on it. The rim of my aluminum dummy round ripped off and a chunk landed between the trigger housing and frame. This randomly locked up the trigger and also made it crunchy.

(tried posting this on 1911 forum but it didn't go through for some reason...)

messing around at 7 yards with doubles when my MCOP was working. The group below was from my Colt 5" 25 yard shots. I hope that was just the sun in my eyes.

no trigger function
    Between my LB Operator and the 9mm Combat Operator - I've really gotten fond of SA's operator frame. I prefer it in the area of shooting/handling. Almost starting to prefer it's aesthetics. Esp with a WML along for the ride.

Recently I worked D1's to a 3x5 @ 7 yards pretty hard because I'd had a longish for me break from that and I could sense my index and draw mechanics were rusty. I ran ~25 D1s with my CQB Elite (standard frame) and ~25 D1s with my LB Operator and I really felt the weight of the operator frame steadied and smoothed everything out so it was easier on my eyes and decision making as to when I'd seen what I needed to see to shoot.
    Last edited by JHC; 10-15-2019 at 06:43 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

@SW CQB 45 what safety is that on your MCOP? It doesn't look factory. I've been considering switching to a higher ride safety.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    @SW CQB 45 what safety is that on your MCOP? It doesn't look factory. I've been considering switching to a higher ride safety.
    Wilson Combat Bullet Proof Ambi.

I bought it new from another forum at a substantially reduced price. It was wide levers and I have thinned them down to 4 lines. I need to roll the edges a bit more.

started wide and trimmed a little here and there.

the part was priced too cheap to pass up.

It appears to me that you may have a cracked Firing Pin Stop. Take a close look.

User Tag List