Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TIFU: I rented an M9A3......

TIFU: I rented an M9A3......

So.....today I fucked up and rented an M9A3. A bunch of people I know both on and off line suggested I do it. I've got almost 13 years running on the M9 platform on duty, so it'll just be another Beretta right? NOPE. Trigger is WAAAAAY better, DA especially. SA has a slightly shorter reset but still a lot of travel due to the firing pin block, which you can't engineer out but can change with a different geometry trigger bow or someone's reworked trigger bar. But the trigger is light years ahead of what we've got now. I really wish they released this without being prompted so we could have a quality weapon (yes I'm saying it's better than the M17/18). The sights were great and I really liked all of the controls. It was very intuitive to use. The Vertec grip is also pretty awesome, you really have to shoot it to fully appreciate it. Handling it you can see the changes sure, but shooting it you really get to feel what to me felt like a speed increase somehow. The overall shooting experience was very pleasant. So much so, I've made a "FINAL" gun list with 13 spots for pistols, rifles and shotguns. I'm trying to adult and after buying a house I have to prioritize things. Additionally I have two cars that need to be built. But......6 of those spots are pistols, 5 are rifles, and 2 shotguns. I'm going to bump off one of the pistols to purchase an M9A3.....maybe 2 of them. I can't believe how great this thing shot stock.

It also shot very well suppressed. I shot it with an AAC Tirant 9mm, and an Omega 9K indoors. I'm going to tell you right now, the 9k is off the table..... Waaaaaay too much back pressure and I was getting assaulted despite having glasses on. BIG ONES. Not just gas, but particles of shit. Did not happen with the Tirant 9mm, and the tone was so much better out of the Tirant. I feel like I could shoot the Tirant all day long. I literally didn't get through a mag with the 9K. I've shot that exact 9K indoors before on different pistols and noticed more blow back, today I rented the AAC to give it a go. I've been resisting getting an AAC....but I can't refute my shooting experiences. I know they're "older designs" but they work so damn well I can't say anything bad about them. So I think in my future, I'm going to get 1 45M and 1 9M then call it a day.

Overall, and I can't believe I'm saying this......I will be buying an M9A3 based on one outing because it impressed me the same way my Legion P226 did. The Legion is a better gun/experience IMO, it just fits me better. But the M9A3 is the perfect Beretta, and a surprisingly good suppressor host. So I think I need one in FDE and one in Gray/Black as a back up......for reasons.

The pic is of the Omega 9k which looks much sexier, but the AAC Tirant 9 was so damn good on this gun, I wish I took a picture of that instead. It felt more balanced too, but obviously the 9K is cooler looking so.......here we are.

Name:  M9A3 pic 1.jpg
Views: 1758
Size:  36.2 KB
    Name:  M9A3 pic 2.jpg
Views: 1360
Size:  37.4 KB
    Last edited by navyman8903; 04-19-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Hammertime
    Yeah the M9A3 and Legion 226 are pretty comparable IMO.

Nice write up.

I didn't need to read that

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Yeah the M9A3 and Legion 226 are pretty comparable IMO.

Nice write up.
    Thank you Sir, and I was blown away by how good it was honestly. I still am.

Being that it doesn’t have the rounded comfy frame mods that the LTT has and isn’t a default G like the LTT I’m calling it not the perfect beretta. But you do you man

Mine is quiet with a can too but pistols with cans are fruity and silly and not in the good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Being that it doesn’t have the rounded comfy frame mods that the LTT has
    Do you not carry it in a holster? Maybe used too much skin-so-soft?

and isn’t a default G like the LTT
    It's made as a G or FS. BAD Beretta, giving consumers a choice.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 04-20-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I didn't need to read that
    Yup, been lusting for these for some time now... definitely a keeper.

Being that it doesn’t have the rounded comfy frame mods that the LTT has and isn’t a default G like the LTT I’m calling it not the perfect beretta. But you do you man

Mine is quiet with a can too but pistols with cans are fruity and silly and not in the good way.
    It would appear these G models are now in the wild, along with some more color ways... grey, OD Green, Black combos etc...

https://www.gunsmidwest.com/beretta-...7-rds-fde.html

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Do you not carry it in a holster? Maybe used too much skin-so-soft?
    One of the first things I did with my Brigadier Tactical 92G after taking a high round count class with Ernest was send it back to Wilson Combat for a frame dehorn and refinish. The extra radiusing around the trigger guard and mag release on the LTT Elite 92G is a well thought out feature exclusive to that model.

I see the appeal of the M9A3 as a suppressor host and if you are dedicated to the Vertec frame, but I think the opportunity to buy the LTT92G with a trigger job from Ernest is hard to pass up. M9A3 barrels are also available separately...

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  69.7 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I see the appeal of the M9A3 as a suppressor host and if you are dedicated to the Vertec frame, but I think the opportunity to buy the LTT92G with a trigger job from Ernest is hard to pass up.
    Suppressors are irrelevant to me. Vertec grip is a must-have. My hands are full of calluses.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 04-21-2019 at 02:30 PM.

User Tag List