Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IWB Ride Height

No height options that I can see. Im away from home, be back Thursday, I will check it out more, and see how much room I have for clearance; it may be appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    No height options that I can see. Im away from home, be back Thursday, I will check it out more, and see how much room I have for clearance; it may be appropriate.
    I have the AIWB version of that holster (I forget what T1 calls it) for my P30 and found it to be a terrible design. Or maybe lack of design is a better way to put it. Lesson learned. JM or Tenicor for me, from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    If you think JMCK's wait time is brutal, you've never ordered from one of the more prestigious leather firms.
    JMCK has a "Quick Ship" alternative. https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/c/QUICKSHIP.html I think I got my brace of IWB-3s in about a week.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    JMCK has a "Quick Ship" alternative. https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/c/QUICKSHIP.html I think I got my brace of IWB-3s in about a week.
    That’s true, but only for a small group of uber-popular pistols. It wasn’t available for my PX4 or M&P45.

Quote Originally Posted by ratter75 View Post
    I have the AIWB version of that holster (I forget what T1 calls it) for my P30 and found it to be a terrible design. Or maybe lack of design is a better way to put it. Lesson learned. JM or Tenicor for me, from here on out.
    A little late, but I check my T1 ASPIS, and it can be moved up from where it is, but now down. There are hundreds of holsters makers out there, it’s staggering how most can stay afloat. So far, my favs are:
    Ozarks Holster (M11 A-1 IWB)
    Blackpoint Tactical (226 IWB & OWB)
    Muddy River Tactical (P30sk IWB w/UltiClip; IWB w/reg clip)

For now, I’ll stick with them, but if I try another, it’ll be JMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    A little late, but I check my T1 ASPIS, and it can be moved up from where it is, but now down. There are hundreds of holsters makers out there, it’s staggering how most can stay afloat. So far, my favs are:
    Ozarks Holster (M11 A-1 IWB)
    Blackpoint Tactical (226 IWB & OWB)
    Muddy River Tactical (P30sk IWB w/UltiClip; IWB w/reg clip)

For now, I’ll stick with them, but if I try another, it’ll be JMC.
    Why are they you favorites? Look? Price? Availability? How much experience do they have making holsters? Will they take them back if you're unhappy?

I can drive two blocks and buy a locally made kydex IWB holster. They hold guns and have a standard belt clip, but they suck as far as ride height and there are no options. Most buyers, including a friend of mine, don't have the experience carrying a gun IWB to know that if they wear it all day they're going to be unhappy. But they are cheaper than known makers, which appears to be their main selling point.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Why are they you favorites? Look? Price? Availability? How much experience do they have making holsters? Will they take them back if you're unhappy?

I can drive two blocks and buy a locally made kydex IWB holster. They hold guns and have a standard belt clip, but they suck as far as ride height and there are no options. Most buyers, including a friend of mine, don't have the experience carrying a gun IWB to know that if they wear it all day they're going to be unhappy. But they are cheaper than known makers, which appears to be their main selling point.
    They're my favorites due to:

*Quality
    *Cust. Service
    *Price

Truth is, the combination of customer service (friendly, making custom mods, owner answers the phone when you call, etc.) price, and quality of the product. I've been most impressed by Muddy River Tactical. I spoke with the owner on the phone about sending him an UltiClip that I already had, and whether or not he would be willing to mount it on one of his holsters, even though they don't offer them as an attachment; his answer was, "sure, just send it in, and we'll get it mounted". And just like the first IWB I got from him, I had it in my hand within 7 days of the time the order was placed! I know most won't believe that, but it's true. As much as I've been impressed with B.T. and Ozarks, MRT has done an amazing job at making a great holster, at a great price, and getting it to you in ludicrous speed
    It sucks to wait 4-6 weeks for a holster, but if it's high quality, it's worth it in the end. I'm not connected in any way with MRT, I was just amazed at their service and quality, and I feel confident that others would also see that.

My WORST experience with a Kydex product (trigger guard/holster for P30sk) was Black Rhino...spoke with the guy on the phone, due to the terrible fit of the guard to my gun; he was a total prick, and I'll never buy from him again. *for reference, I had a trigger guard for my M11, from Ozarks, which fit perfectly, but BR had a quick lead time, so I thought I'd give them a try, and regretted it. My buddy at the LGS offered to tighten it up for me, and make it fit correctly, which I shouldn't have to do...I've never had that issue with any of the ones above.

User Tag List