Thread: Week 317: The Two Second Standards Part 2

Week 317: The Two Second Standards Part 2

Week 317: The Two Second Standards Part 2

Results may be posted until May 19th, 2019.

Designed by: Hardwired Tactical Shooting
    Range: Shooter's choice
    Target: B8 bull (black only) - download here: https://pistol-forum.com/attachment....1&d=1322428748
    Start Position: Shooter's choice
    Rounds Fired: Varies

This week we'll continue The Two Second Standards developed by Hardwired Tactical Shooting. Last time we focused on the core aspects of the standards (presentation and shooting from ready and the holster at 3 and 5 yards.) This time we'll widen the scope of distance and task.

Here's an excerpt of one of DB/nyeti's posts describing this drill:

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    It is an drill with no particular set of standards, but more like guidelines to establish an individual level of performance.

The idea is based on gunfights tending to be two second operations with one side winning and one losing inside that timeframe. Any longer and parties are tending to move and start new two second affairs from different positions. So, we set the timer for 2 seconds. Target....the black of a B8 bull. Anything shots outside of the black and the test is a fail. So how much work can you do at 100% accountability everytime in two seconds. Any range, any ready, from ready, from concealment, two hands, one hand, with a flashlight, stationary, moving, doesn't matter. We test everything on it. What you are testing is use of real world time and 100% accountability.
    You can read the rest of his post here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post495401

So, the time limit is two seconds and the target is a B8 bull (black only.) The shooter picks the distance and task, but whatever that is, it must be completed four times without any misses. You can present from the holster or ready. You can retrieve the gun from a table or case. You can use one hand or both. You can move or not. You can turn the lights down and/or use a flashlight. The possibilities are endless. You must shoot the chosen task a total of four times. Your score for each string is the number of hits in the black B8 bull. If you have any misses, your score for that string is zero. Overtime shots that HIT do not score any points but also do not result in a zero for the string - they just don't count for anything. If you complete it four times without any misses, you Pass. If you miss the black B8 bull, you Fail.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Equipment used (pistol, holster, optional concealment garment if one was used)
    Distance and task chosen (draw, present from ready, strong hand only, with flashlight, etc.)
    Score on String 1
    Score on String 2
    Score on String 3
    Score on String 4
    Grand Total Score
    Pass or Fail
    Anything you noticed

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Y'all might've guessed my attempt would have something to do with 25yds.

Equipment used (pistol, holster, optional concealment garment if one was used): Beretta 92A1, JM OWB, No concealment
    Distance and task chosen (draw, present from ready, strong hand only, with flashlight, etc.): Draw and fire one round at 25yds
    Score on String 1 Hit
    Score on String 2 Hit
    Score on String 3 Hit
    Score on String 4 Hit
    Grand Total Score 4 hits
    Pass or Fail pass
    Anything you noticed

I'm going to try this again with something else, maybe pairs from the holster at 7. It took me 3 runs to get this one, but I'm pleased to have accomplished my goal of drawing to the black of a B8 at 25yds with a sub-2sec hit. The marginal hits were from the first attempt where I went over time with two strings anyway, so the third attempt where I passed has all solidly-black hits.

Last edited by ASH556; 04-23-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Much fun.

I set the task as shoot two from high compressed ready

7 yards, past pretty handily with the 9mm Operator.

10 yards, had a couple of 3 good strings then a miss. Fail.

15 yards, OK, so then I changed the task to a single shot from ready for this distance. Past with the 9mm Operator and with the 43X.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

So at this point yesterday, I had eaten a fair amount of humble pie, and decided one shot at 7 yards from low ready was about the only thing I could rely on. Drawstroke sucks and I would be pushing it to make it from concealment in less than 2 seconds. I didn't pay attention to the score per string, but it's kinda easy to see how it worked out in no particular order.

37-1x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    P30SK. Draw to 1@5 yards. Par is the black.

4x4, I think I could back this up to 7 yards and still clean it in 2 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    P30SK. Draw to 1@5 yards. Par is the black.

4x4, I think I could back this up to 7 yards and still clean it in 2 sec.

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List