Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: “A secret. A search warrant. A veteran. A trap.”

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Using a SWAT team can be considered “excessive force” under the 4th Amendment. If you use SWAT for everything, you’re going to get sued. That’s why we have threat matrixes.
    I don't understand your post. Are you just commenting in general or was there an actual portion of my post you were addressing?

I never advocated the use of SWAT "for everything." I feel you may have misread my post.

I stated the use of SWAT would be at the far end of the spectrum as to what should/should not be used.

I did advocate being "fully prepared" as HCM described it in his previous post.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Jackson View Post
    I don't understand your post. Are you just commenting in general or was there an actual portion of my post you were addressing?

I never advocated the use of SWAT "for everything." I feel you may have misread my post.

I stated the use of SWAT would be at the far end of the spectrum as to what should/should not be used.

I did advocate being "fully prepared" as HCM described it in his previous post.
    I totally may have mis-read, I was also wrangling a 3 year old while I was reading. I thought you were equating “fully prepared” to using SWAT.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I totally may have mis-read, I was also wrangling a 3 year old while I was reading. I thought you were equating “fully prepared” to using SWAT.
    I think we arrived at 3 levels of warrant service:

The Cowboy method - Grab some guys and wing it

Fully prepared - regular guys but with proper planning, gear, prep etc

SWAT hit - they get flashbangs, APC, the whole meal.

You point about the legal downside to “SWATing” all the things is valid though.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I think we arrived at 3 levels of warrant service:

The Cowboy method - Grab some guys and wing it

Fully prepared - regular guys but with proper planning, gear, prep etc

SWAT hit - they get flashbangs, APC, the whole meal.

You point about the legal downside to “SWATing” all the things is valid though.
    And all "3 levels of warrant service" can all be shockingly similar based on one thing: familiar team vs. pick-up team.

Adding "pick-up team" to any recipe instantly makes it hot garbage... like summer swamp, expired dairy, and Long-John Silver's dumpster hot garbage.

I don't really get it, but it seems like a lot of people/organizations think Mr. Catastrophe only eats at Michelin rated, 5-star restaurants. And maybe he does. But maybe, just like the rest of us, Mr. Catastrophe enjoys the occasional day of eating like an absolute asshole. It pays not to be hot garbage, but it really pays on that day.

Just my rando Saturday AM thoughts.
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

User Tag List