Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion for RDS for a shotgun

Hmm, I don't use any sights for wingshooting - to the point of blacking out beads and having a very strong disdain for FO on shotguns. But then again I'm cross dominant and shoot with both eyes open off of my strong shoulder so I'm kind of a freak.

Jeff -

I shoot both eyes open for everything, even scopes. It may be "right" it might not be, I've never taken any formal training (though I'd like to). It seems to work really well in the very brief time I had on an RDS once before, it seems to be working out OK on a pistol. I'm wretched with skeet no matter what I do, it seems like...

Me and skeet, it's like the old guy who goes fishing but never catches anything... I love getting out for a few hours, being with a friend or two, and trying my best to hit a few clays... but at the end of the day, I see it as nearly pure leisure time, with the only real side benefit being time handling my shotgun and working the manual of arms. I don't see myself doing any wing shooting any time soon, and if I need to shoot at something moving that fast in an HD role, things have gone pretty far south!

J.Ja
    Owner/President of Titanium Crowbar, LLC

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    Man I wish I could have seen that show up back in college when I was chunking clays for extra money. You might have set the whole gun club into a conniption fit. A Saiga with RDS does not belong on the same field as a Kreighoff
    That'd cause people to violate the NRA's First Rule of Firearms Safety, which is "Never Spill Your Tom Collins On Your Perrazzi."

No, wait, that's the Second Rule. The First Rule is "Never Climb A Fence With A Loaded Gun."

My bad. Carry on.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

H1 micro-Aimpoint.
    Name:  870 H1.jpg
Views: 5207
Size:  69.6 KB
    Last edited by DocGKR; 08-15-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That'd cause people to violate the NRA's First Rule of Firearms Safety, which is "Never Spill Your Tom Collins On Your Perrazzi."

No, wait, that's the Second Rule. The First Rule is "Never Climb A Fence With A Loaded Gun."

My bad. Carry on.
    It was definitely that kind of gun club

I just picked up an H1 (2 MOA model) today and mounted it. I set it fairly far back to make sure that shells wouldn't hit it, but that's probably not a concern... the Saiga 12 likes to throw 'em about 10 yards out at a 45 degree angle. I have to say, it is an absolutely slick, sweet sight, so much easier than trying to find the bead! I can't wait to take it out to play with. I made a bunch of changes to the gun over the last few weeks, so now it needs another range day to get things hashed out...

Thanks for the advice!

J.Ja

Put up a range report from my first session with the H1 on:

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...3738#post63738

J.Ja

User Tag List