Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis bans "warrior" training for Police

With pretty much every jurisdiction in the country hiring due to the massive shortage of people willing and qualified to enter this profession I think the answer is quite clear....LEAVE. It's a buyer's (applicant's) market out there. My department out here in the People's Republic is offering a $10k hiring bonus and a neighboring agency is offering a $30k hiring bonus. We still can't get anyone. Everyone is hiring.

I'm sure there are other agencies in the area with their head stuck less up their rear.

Life is simply too short to work for a place that doesn't appreciate you and put up with that type of nonsense.
    Last edited by KevH; 04-19-2019 at 04:42 PM.

It's amazing to me that the Noor trial has been going on this week and hardly any outlets are covering it. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    It's amazing to me that the Noor trial has been going on this week and hardly any outlets are covering it. Go figure.
    It doesn't fit the baiting narrative

Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    In the last election cycle one of the mayoral candidates in Minneapolis ran on disarming most officers. He said officers don't need to be armed at all times and the sidearm should replace carbines / shotguns in the cruiser.
    The next rung on that ladder is “no officers shall be armed off duty”.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

In the last election cycle one of the mayoral candidates in Minneapolis ran on disarming most officers. He said officers don't need to be armed at all times and the sidearm should replace carbines / shotguns in the cruiser.
    Well, that certainly helps put things in perspective...

And decent law abiding citizens should replace criminals. How's that working out so far?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fwrun View Post
    Unless Minnesota’s PD’s are like a Sheriff’s Office down here, they wouldn’t work at the pleasure of the mare. It sounds like a symbolic move without teeth because they “had to do something.”
    What an awesome autocorrect screwup.

What is considered warrior training?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    What is considered warrior training?
    Pretty sure they mean Dave Grossman.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    It doesn't fit the baiting narrative
    Creating chaos is an intrinsic and fundamental part of the dialectic, the antithesis that produces calls for a synthesis.

Bootygig"s father also has an interesting background.
    Last edited by Gray01; 04-19-2019 at 07:31 PM.

User Tag List