Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fifteen Months Later

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Compared to what? Welliver tweeted, (my wife follows him on twitter), that he thinks it's their best season so far. (I told her that I doubted he'd say it wasn't as good as past years.)

As mentioned, I only watched the first one last night. There are some changes from the book but that shouldn't take away from enjoying the plot and development of the story line, especially if you haven't read the book...imho.
    Sorry, I meant the whole series. I know it's been discussed here on the forum but I've never checked it out. Can you give me a general feel of the the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Sorry, I meant the whole series. I know it's been discussed here on the forum but I've never checked it out. Can you give me a general feel of the the show?
    I'd say it's definitely worthwhile. Not perfect, and there are some mistakes along the way. (that a technical / tactical consultant might have helped with), but if you have amazon prime you should check it out. Start from the beginning and work your way through the seasons.

Solid show, imho. It's not "The Wire" but nothing else is, really.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'd say it's definitely worthwhile. Not perfect, and there are some mistakes along the way. (that a technical / tactical consultant might have helped with), but if you have amazon prime you should check it out. Start from the beginning and work your way through the seasons.

Solid show, imho. It's not "The Wire" but nothing else is, really.
    Thanks! I just watched the first season of Jack Ryan this week and I was trying to decide on what to bing watch next.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    It’s like a modern version of Harry Callahan with a slight filter that allows him to better interact with people and have friends (and no obscene guns). JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another weekend of binge watching, and then, another year or so wait.... damnnit!

Been enjoying audiobooks in general, I think all of them (20?) are on Audible

Lots of details different from the book which covered the story
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have been listening to them on Audible while I drive for business.
    As I mentioned, I have been listening to the audiobooks while I drive. It sure would be cool to have time to read, but my reality right now is that I have a buttload of time while I drive, and not much time when I am not. I have listened to a lot of good books that there is no way I would have ever read, but I was mostly listening to autobiographies and documentary stuff. The documentary stuff is a little hard, because sometimes you have to pay attention to what you are doing and lose a little continuity, I solve that by listening to them twice.

But now I am on my third Bosch novel and would really recommend this for folks that liked the show. If you do not have any recent experience listening to books your smartphone and Bluetooth (car or a headset) make it really painless. They are unabridged and in my case make the miles go right by. In some cases I am interested enough that I will just hang out in my hotel room with my Bluetooth headphones on listening to the book I was listening to on the drive. Sometimes on the treadmill too, but usually that requires a movie to distract me from the drudgery.

And if you like Bosch, there is a ton of Bosch out there. The Black Echo is almost 14hr and I saw there are at least twenty books in the series, about twenty thousand miles worth!
    Name:  Black Echo.JPG
Views: 323
Size:  28.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Wife was asking when I was going to watch the new season last night. Told her I was going to wait until she was traveling in a few weeks. Next thing I know she queues up S1E1 and we wound up watching the first 6 episodes while shooting the breeze last night.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Finished last night ( I tried to pace myself to a maximum of two episodes at a time).

Good set of episodes-- although --(spoiler alert highlight text follows):

I was disappointed that Bosch didn't have something with a little higher capacity in his gun safe ...

I had to roll my eyes a bit at the plane scene. Why would the baddies not just kill Bosch on the ground and then go bury his body somewhere instead of the Bond-esque "throw your hostage out of a plane with no parachute"?
    Last edited by CleverNickname; 04-28-2019 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I had to roll my eyes a bit at the plane scene. Why would the baddies not just kill Bosch on the ground and then go bury his body somewhere instead of the Bond-esque "throw your hostage out of a plane with no parachute"?
    I told my wife they wouldn't have wasted the fuel and engine hours. LOL!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List