Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Wrangler

The .22 LR Bisley Blackhawk is more my speed as I need the adjustable sights with my eyes, but the price is more than double. The Wrangler is going to fly off the shelves.

For reference, here is the best pricing I could find on the stainless Bisley Blackhawk. $456 shipped from Grabagun: https://grabagun.com/rug-0680-krb22a...22-6-5-ss.html

Same pricing for a Bearcat. $522 shipped from Grabagun: https://grabagun.com/ruger-bearcat-22-4in-bl-6sh.html

Looks like a sleeved barrel and cast MIM cylinder, good way to keep the cost down. I wonder if the ratchet is cast in or inserted? The Heritage guns are cast into the cylinder and the end result is usually a worn out cylinder in <10,000 rounds, partly because of the inferior metal Heritage is using, and partly because it seems harder to get good thorough hardness on MIM parts. The Heritage guns don't leave much room to recut the ratchet when it's worn down either.

Hopefully, Ruger went with a bar-stock machined insert. If they did, I can see these guns running for tens of thousands of rounds. I wonder if Ruger will do an adjustable sight version at some point?
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 04-19-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Site Supporter
    So these are basically budget priced .22 Vaqueros? What I mean is they appear to be full size unlike the Bearcat.

Have to admit it's been awhile since I dealt with the folks in the "Peoples Republic of Minnesota" but...

"The Wrangler™ is not available for sale in Minnesota and Massachusetts."

So what the heck is THAT all about?????

I'm like most; I want one... (wish they'd add a few bucks so they could put a 22 Mag cylinder with it).

Site Supporter
    I might be tempted to buy one if the street prices fall below $200. I've owned a Single Six and a Bearcat. The SS was too big and heavy for 22lr and the single action loading/unloading was a bit tedious for frequent shooting. The Bearcat was the right size, but the sights sucked (this was before the adjustable sight version came out). A Wrangler might make a good permanent resident of my camp box, along with a decent holster and brick of 22lr. Could be fun plinking or as a small game getter, all without having to pack one of my nicer rimfire handguns.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    TAKE MY MONEY! I always wanted to learn to really run one "duelist" mode.
    Hell, yeah. I'm down for a pair so I can get my Shootist on.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Hmmm....

My first thought when I saw that was "I wonder if the grip frame and ejector rod housing are plastic" but the weight is comparable to a Single-Six, so I guess not.

There's a pretty big middle ground between the MSRP on this and the MSRP of a Bearcat or Single-Six. I wonder if we might see a version with a blued/anodized finish at some point. A 5.5" barrel would be nice too.

I'll be watching with interest.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I’m in for one as soon as it comes with adjustable sights
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Says not for sale in Massachusetts or Minnesota. I could see how Mass has restrictive gun laws, but Minnesota?

Maybe it's not gun law related but intellectual property restrictions that prevent them from selling that gun in those states?

Adjustable sight + 10 round cylinder = future present for 2 year old grand son.

Get on it Ruger.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List