Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Wrangler

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    I’m betting with a little patience, Ruger will do an adjustable sighted model at some point.
    I cannot imagine that an adjustable sight would add significantly to the cost. I would happily pay a little extra up front to know that if point of aim =/= point of impact, a few turns of a screw solves the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

black wrangler arrived monday, immediately pulled off the grips and found to my delight that the altamont faux ivory grips i had preordered were a drop-in fit. cut down a leather holster i had from TOTW and the pistolo fits fine after the water soaking / plastic bag trick. fired off a box of cci standards at my 10 yard home range and she's a shooter for sure.

ruger pistolo family portrait - baby 22lr and papa 357mag ...

Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    black wrangler arrived monday, immediately pulled off the grips and found to my delight that the altamont faux ivory grips i had preordered were a drop-in fit. cut down a leather holster i had from TOTW and the pistolo fits fine after the water soaking / plastic bag trick. fired off a box of cci standards at my 10 yard home range and she's a shooter for sure.

ruger pistolo family portrait - baby 22lr and papa 357mag ...

How did POA/POI work out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    How did POA/POI work out for you?
    worlds better than with the heritage rough rider.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Just in case y'all need some enabling up in here.

https://www.kygunco.com/productgroup?name=Wrangler
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

Holy shit
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Did anyone hear or read that Ruger stopped production of the Wrangler to resolve an issue with the Cerakote finish thickness causing issues with functioning? I was told by my LGS that Ruger is redesigning and/or updating process controls to solve the issue. Most people had experienced loading gates that are difficult to open and close.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Did anyone hear or read that Ruger stopped production of the Wrangler to resolve an issue with the Cerakote finish thickness causing issues with functioning? I was told by my LGS that Ruger is redesigning and/or updating process controls to solve the issue. Most people had experienced loading gates that are difficult to open and close.
    i think we've all noticed that load gate tightness, but after a box of cartridges it all loosens up and that resolved any "thickness issues" for me.
    Last edited by rfd; 09-01-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!

I picked up a Burnt Bronze Wrangler for 180 and it is a heck of a gun

My loading gate did not seem that bad, but I love single actions and shoot the regularly so maybe that is why. I shot mine with several different brands of 22LR and found that mine likes Remington Golden Bullets the best. The POI definitely moved around with the different brands; the Remington GB hitting dead on.

I tried a couple of times to buy a Rough Rider to use as a beater truck gun and just couldn't ever commit. In fairness, my buddy has a RR and it works well for him. The Ruger on the hand was a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

LoL, I’ve paid more than that for most of my folding knives in the last decade. It’s like a bic disposable SAA.

At that price, one could have both a gun to start new shooters on AND 5000 practice rounds for less than a Glock 42.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List