Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SIRT SPOT Sight Thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    The slide attaches with the same pins as the factory slide and provides access to POI adjustment screws and switches. The rear weight needs to be removed from the frame to make room for the sight (it is just glued in and will come free with pliers or vise grips). The slide would come with tall black polymer sights, but is also compatible with any front and rear Glock sights if you want tritium or a high-vis front. The red dot is secured with two hex screws into metal inserts. Made in house, 3D printed in nylon.

Thank you! Yeah both of those sights would be good choices. My recollection is the plug connecting the wires to the trigger module was the limiting factor on how low the sight could be mounted, but there was just enough room to match the standard milling depth. For basic dry fire you probably could get away with double sided tape (as long as the battery was top-loading), but some folks also use SIRTs for things like force-on-force training, so I was glad to be able to include a robust mount.
    I sent you a PM, very interested in purchasing one!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    The slide attaches with the same pins as the factory slide and provides access to POI adjustment screws and switches. The rear weight needs to be removed from the frame to make room for the sight (it is just glued in and will come free with pliers or vise grips). The slide would come with tall black polymer sights, but is also compatible with any front and rear Glock sights if you want tritium or a high-vis front. The red dot is secured with two hex screws into metal inserts. Made in house, 3D printed in nylon.

Thank you! Yeah both of those sights would be good choices. My recollection is the plug connecting the wires to the trigger module was the limiting factor on how low the sight could be mounted, but there was just enough room to match the standard milling depth. For basic dry fire you probably could get away with double sided tape (as long as the battery was top-loading), but some folks also use SIRTs for things like force-on-force training, so I was glad to be able to include a robust mount.
    pM in bound!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I'd be in for one depending on cost. Is the fastfire the same footprint as the RMSC and romeo zero?

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    You might also consider that a laser is visible at all viewing angles while an RDS is not. Are you going to subconsciously cheat by spotting the laser on the target and bringing it into the view finder?
    This is, ultimately, the downside to the SIRT. Looking for the laser instead of looking for the sights and/or target.

Another thing I don't like about the red dot simulator is that the trigger must be prepped to activate the dot. Not a good practice for something like an LE application where it may be necessary to point a pistol at someone. Ideally the dedicated optics slide would be the only way to go.

There are a lot of downsides to using a SIRT for dry fire. They are a fine tool for force on force, but they will really create some bad habits in dry fire, namely losing the ability to call your shots.

User Tag List