Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Sig P210-2...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @bac1023, absolutely stunning. The P210 is my absolute favorite gun of all time and I couldn't agree more that it is one of the finest guns ever to be built. The quality and craftsmanship are reminiscent of a time when artisans made weapons. Exquisite collection. I hope you chose to share more, thank you for the photos.
    Thanks. Here’s a bit more I’ll share.

My finest P210 is the 1967 -6 model. Its actually one of the custom kits Sig sold back then. Came with the matching 30 Luger barrel and the entire rimfire upper assembly (from the P210-7 line). Its got the very rare factory full checkered grips that I believe were only included in these package deals.

At any rate, its quite a gem. I never shot it, because I believe its unfired outside the factory. You can see the test targets, one being 22LR.

My most valuable is the Heavy Frame from 1975. While the later CNC Heavy Frames are relatively easy to find, the forged Heavy Frames of the mid 1970's are a true unicorn. Only a couple hundred were made, with the vast majority being in Europe. God knows how many are still even around 40+ years later, but here's one of them in all its glory!

@bac1023, Wow... that is unbelievable! I hate to say that I am ever envious but that is amazing and I am foaming at the mouth. You are truly fortunate to find and own such a magnificent weapon, where or how did you come across the whole package?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @bac1023, Wow... that is unbelievable! I hate to say that I am ever envious but that is amazing and I am foaming at the mouth. You are truly fortunate to find and own such a magnificent weapon, where or how did you come across the whole package?
    I believe they were only sold in Europe and I don't believe Sig offered them very long. Production was very limited. Mine was privately imported, so I highly doubt there are many others in the country. I have a few connections that allow me to procure some really rare stuff here and there.

I've only ever seen two others for sale. One was a Euro auction. Here's a similar kit that sold a number of years back...once again you see the full checkered grips.

https://www.icollector.com/Excellent...vers_i17959465

Here's some macro pics.

Here's a close up of the included -7 upper assembly.

Last edited by bac1023; 04-17-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    You should do some more write-ups like this.
    Be careful what you wish for

I picked up a P210-6 in 1984, from a former Army guy who claimed to have bought it from an MwR Rod&Gun Club in France before DeGaulle kicked the US out. What a great pistol. I swear there was more prescsion machining in the slide stop than and Glock I now own.

A piece of art but accurate and reliable as heck. If there is ever a pistol I regret selling (though I made a bundle) this one is it.

I can't imagine owning more than one.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Wow, that's a beautiful set of pistols.

I assume some of those grips are by Nill?
    Yes sir

Nill made grips for Sig, though I'm not completely sure when they started. The two later guns are definitely wearing Nills.

Tell us about the trigger and how smooth the slide feels when you rack it. I sold mine 35 years ago ans still think about those things.

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for
    ^^^ Heed this!

If he breaks out the round guns we'll all be needing new keyboards due to the drooling.

Thanks very much for sharing. Can’t think of a more elegant pistol than the P-210.

I wonder if an updated P-210 made in .40 S&W and with a double stack magazine could be made and marketed as an IPSC Standard/USPSA Limited pistol to compete with the CZ TSO and the upcoming Beretta 92X...….

User Tag List