Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: a step back - Glock Gen 3

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Does anyone have a line on a new blue label Gen 3 17? I work with a guy who's been looking for one and all the local blue label Glock distributors and dealers are fresh out with no ETA.
    Blue labels are regional so it will need to be somewhere in your region. Might be better off just picking up a PD trade in.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Well I just picked up two new gen 3 frames from Big Tex Outdoors so that tells you how I feel about it.

I can’t say Gen 3’s are clearly superior, I just like them better. Better than Gen 4’s anyway. Haven’t spent enough time on a 5 to say.

Site Supporter
    I wish 10+ years ago I had bought two Gen 3 17s, NY1 triggers, any sight that mostly worked and spent the next decade becoming an awesome shooter. Gen 3 makes life more simple.

Site Supporter
    Have a NY1 trigger and SCD on my Gen3 G17 . All is well.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 04-24-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Have a NY1 trigger and SCD on my Gen3 G17 . All is well.
    I had NY triggers on my G26 and 19 which were returned to the mother ship for updating in the past year or two. My NY triggers were replaced, (not by request), and I don't miss 'em at all. (They were mandatory "upgrades" with our agency in the mid 90's.)

(I removed the "gadgets" before shipping as there was no way I was going to have them sent back without.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I had NY triggers on my G26 and 19 which were returned to the mother ship for updating in the past year or two. My NY triggers were replaced, (not by request), and I don't miss 'em at all. (They were mandatory "upgrades" with our agency in the mid 90's.)

(I removed the "gadgets" before shipping as there was no way I was going to have them sent back without.)
    What I like about the NY1 most is while the increased take up is nice, more importantly it gives the SCD more to overcome and makes the SCD even more effective .

I wish I could get the pull to be smoother , but I can make it work as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Does anyone have a line on a new blue label Gen 3 17? I work with a guy who's been looking for one and all the local blue label Glock distributors and dealers are fresh out with no ETA.
    I'm connected to a LE Agency...no blue label for Gen 3 on my piece of the earth so I went internet shopping and found what I wanted, paid more ($479.00), but I like the fact that I was able to obtain brand new Gen 3 Glocks... good hunting.

I still carry a Gen3 19. I didn’t realize it was a step back. Maybe it’s just that I’ve never stepped “forward”.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

My thought is that the Gen 3 G19 (and quite possibly G17) are superior in at least some aspects to Gen4 G19s and G17s, but that the Gen5s are probably at least slightly intrinsically superior to both generations. Not that I feel compelled to divest myself of my Gen 3 G17 and G19...

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Picked up a LAV Gen 3 G17 RTF today. It's my second RTF Gen 3 17.

Now I all order a spare parts kit and be set for a while.

User Tag List