Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timer Suggestions?

Timer Suggestions?

This might be more appropriate under the "hardware" section. I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place.

I'm looking for some feedback on shot timers. I'd like to find something that takes regular batteries (AA or 9V is fine) and is pretty sensitive if I'm standing at the mid point of a line of 10-12 shooters. Biggest "want" is an easily set/adjusted par time so there's not a lot of monkey business between stages of our qual course. The one we have now always takes some scrolling through the menu to get to and then it takes a bunch of button presses to scroll up or down through the times accordingly. Another nice feature would be fairly abuse-proof since these always seem to get dropped, hit with flying brass, etc.

Thank you!

Timer Suggestions?

Last edited by RJ; 04-16-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Love my Commander.
    Am I reading correctly that it doesn't show split times?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Am I reading correctly that it doesn't show split times?
    In the video you can see the split times in the lower right hand of the screen. The splits are not shown in review mode.

The AMG Commander has relegated my PACT Club to the shelf. Excellent timer.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

A Pocket Pro 2 seems most commonly used in USPSA. Since they break, like all timers, recommend you buy it from Brownell’s so you can exchange it for a replacement.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by omega9 View Post
    In the video you can see the split times in the lower right hand of the screen. The splits are not shown in review mode.

That seems like a huge design flaw as I'm usually busy shooting during the only time the shot timer displays splits.

That seems like a huge design flaw as I'm usually busy shooting during the only time the shot timer displays splits.
    You can review your splits when you are finished shooting. The multiple sting review mode compares the last 3 shot strings times but doesn’t include splits. That’s why some people say the review mode is useless.

Link to the manual: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/19...ual_v1.0.pdf?8

Site Supporter
    You can cycle through your split times from your most recent string without having to go into the actual review mode.

Quote Originally Posted by scjbash View Post
    You can cycle through your split times from your most recent string without having to go into the actual review mode.
    So when you say split times, is it displaying them like 23 25 24 etc, or 1.24 1.49 2.13 etc? Because I don't want to have to do math.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 04-20-2019 at 09:08 PM.

User Tag List