Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Superb Ruger Customer Service Support

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    You’re right about calling, but I sent it last night just to see what they said.

Got a reply today.

RUGER’S REPLY-

“Unfortunately, we no longer offer parts and service for this model. You may send in your firearm to our NH facility and we will offer you a replacement model of your choice at a discounted price. Please contact our Customer Service Department for further information at 336-949-5200 and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you.

For older parts you can check with Jack First at 605-343-9544, Moyer's Gun Repair at 208-587-6408 or Numrich Arms at 845-679-4867 or 845-679-3500.

Please be advised, Newport Customer Service will be closed on Friday April 19th , 2019. We will do our best to respond to emails and voicemails as quickly as possible upon reopening on Monday April 22nd , 2019. Thank you for your patience and understanding.”
    That's pretty much what I expected, given your issues. If you're not attached to the revolver, it's a great opportunity to get, say, a Match Champion at a great price, which mimics the Security/Service Six in having a slimmer barrel and half-lug configuration.

If you want the Security Six serviced, my first recommendation would be to touch bases with Rick Devoid; he's very familiar with Rugers, and his prices are eminently reasonable. If you decide to go that route, take a hard look at his menu; it would probably be worthwhile to have everything you'd contemplate having done to it done in one fell swoop.

Best, Jon

Easily uninstalled old sight, easily installed replacement, spent an enjoyable half hour easily zeroing. The Security Six is back in the defensive carry/competition/nightstand line-up.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    That's pretty much what I expected, given your issues. If you're not attached to the revolver, it's a great opportunity to get, say, a Match Champion at a great price, which mimics the Security/Service Six in having a slimmer barrel and half-lug configuration.

If you want the Security Six serviced, my first recommendation would be to touch bases with Rick Devoid; he's very familiar with Rugers, and his prices are eminently reasonable. If you decide to go that route, take a hard look at his menu; it would probably be worthwhile to have everything you'd contemplate having done to it done in one fell swoop.

Best, Jon
    I will call them next week when I am off and they are open. Wonder how big of a discount they would offer on another revolver.

Site Supporter
    @JonInWA

They said a SP101 DAO would cost me around 500 plus my security six.

I was hoping for a little better. Lol
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 04-22-2019 at 09:29 AM.

@JonInWA

You may be able to fix it yourself with this kit: Link.

Site Supporter
    @JonInWA

Buds has those for $575.

Hmmm. It looks like they're around $575 at Bud's, which I've found to be a good gauge of discounted street prices. MSRP new is $719, so it looks like the Ruger offer is good, but not great. I'd suggest:

1. Further negotiate with Ruger, making sure that the individual you're talking to has negotiating/decision-making authority; or

2. Consult with a competent, qualified Ruger gunsmith (Devoid, Sokol, etc.) for a diagnosis and likely repair cost; or

3. Follow up with the repair kit that Paul D. provided a link for. You could either do it yourself or provide your gun and the parts kit to a competent Ruger gunsmith; for things involving even potentially timing issues, I'd suggest the gunsmith route.

It really depends upon how attached you are to the Security Six. I'm also wondering if a previous owner subjected it to some kitchen-table gunsmithing and bollixed things up-that would also suggest the need for a competent gunsmith consultation. While Rugers -Six (and GP100) revolvers aren't necessarily the epitome of revolver perfection, they're generally extremely well-built, and the sort of issue(s) that you're experiencing are unusual.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Hmmm. It looks like they're around $575 at Bud's, which I've found to be a good gauge of discounted street prices. MSRP new is $719, so it looks like the Ruger offer is good, but not great. I'd suggest:

1. Further negotiate with Ruger, making sure that the individual you're talking to has negotiating/decision-making authority; or

2. Consult with a competent, qualified Ruger gunsmith (Devoid, Sokol, etc.) for a diagnosis and likely repair cost; or

3. Follow up with the repair kit that Paul D. provided a link for. You could either do it yourself or provide your gun and the parts kit to a competent Ruger gunsmith; for things involving even potentially timing issues, I'd suggest the gunsmith route.

It really depends upon how attached you are to the Security Six. I'm also wondering if a previous owner subjected it to some kitchen-table gunsmithing and bollixed things up-that would also suggest the need for a competent gunsmith consultation. While Rugers -Six (and GP100) revolvers aren't necessarily the epitome of revolver perfection, they're generally extremely well-built, and the sort of issue(s) that you're experiencing are unusual.

Best, Jon
    I have no emotional attachment to any gun. Probably not a good thing.

The link Paul D provided, wouldn’t the frame, barrel, cylinder need fitting?

I have no emotional attachment to any gun. Probably not a good thing.

The link Paul D provided, wouldn’t the frame, barrel, cylinder need fitting?
    Yes, they would-hence my emphasis on consulting with and using an actual Ruger-qualified gunsmith. You (or they) may want to utilize the parts kit if parts replacements are indeed necessary, but expertise is needed for proper fitting and adjustments.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Yes, they would-hence my emphasis on consulting with and using an actual Ruger-qualified gunsmith. You (or they) may want to utilize the parts kit if parts replacements are indeed necessary, but expertise is needed for proper fitting and adjustments.

Best, Jon
    Ok thank you all for your help. I’ll see if Ruger can do better but it’ll all work out. I hope...

I may also contact Devoid or Sokol.

User Tag List