Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: Benelli Montefeltro 20 gauge

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I was wondering why the A400 hadn't come under my view, then saw it's $1500+ at Cabelas.
    That might be the one with the Kick-Off shock absorber in the stock.

I have one I like but really haven't been using since I got my 686 Sporting in 20g. Sending you a PM...

Site Supporter
    I think I've changed my mind.

I finally got around to taking the SxS out to the range and shot 3 rounds of wobble and 1 round of trap. While none of my scores are worth mentioning, the gun did its part when I did mine. My hits were all solid when I used good technique and follow through. I did notice I have to obscure the clay with the end of the barrel to get consistent hits, which might have been one of the reasons I struggled with it previously. Once I realized that, my hit ratio when up significantly.

I believe I'm going to keep it. I like the gun and how it handles and think my interest in a new gun was mostly "newgunitis" disguised as "need".

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I did notice I have to obscure the clay with the end of the barrel to get consistent hits, which might have been one of the reasons I struggled with it previously. Once I realized that, my hit ratio when up significantly.
    This is pretty common when shooting trap targets with a field gun, because the targets are climbing.

User Tag List