Thread: Hatpoint Target Stands

Hatpoint Target Stands

Good morning.

I thought I'd pass this info along since I've been pleased with the product. I have a couple of the target stands from Hatpoint Targets. They are fairly inexpensive, lightweight, easy to assemble, and can be used for a variety of targets. Being made of plastic, they don't have the sharp edges or rough welds that can sometimes be found on welded metal stands. Maybe the best thing about them--I haven't "tested" the claim yet--is that they'll take multiple hits and still function as designed.

www.hatpointtarget.com

John also makes a 1X2 plastic furring out of the same material. He says the plastic furring will take a staple just like a piece of wood. Like his stands, the material will take multiple hits before breaking or otherwise being ruined. No more wood splinters and no more wrapping sticks with duct tape or whatever to get you through a range session.

Down side? The stands are fairly lightweight and will tip over in a fairly mild breeze so a sandbag, a big rock, or a tent stake is needed.

Thank you! This is slick. I made some up but they are heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Thank you! This is slick. I made some up but they are heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been happy with them. They aren't perfect but they work well and, most importantly, are very easy to transport.

My previous stand(s) were the usual welded metal cross piece with slots for furrings and some "H" pieces made out of 2X4's that use dowels to hold the target. Both worked okay within their design parameters but I prefer the Hatpoint to both.

I exchanged emails with John recently regarding the rigidity of his plastic upright sticks. He is working on a new style that will probably have some type of honeycomb matrix inside. They will still be lightweight, splinter-free and take a number of hits but won't flex as much in the wind.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

No more staples.

For the last few years, I've avoided staples in favor of binder clips. They hold targets securely, don't "run out" when I'm 10 miles from the hardware store, don't snag on clothing, and don't draw blood. ELN

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    For the last few years, I've avoided staples in favor of binder clips. They hold targets securely, don't "run out" when I'm 10 miles from the hardware store, don't snag on clothing, and don't draw blood. ELN
    Yep.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

User Tag List