Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chernobyl: HBO Miniseries

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Thanks for mentioning it. Set it to record.
    Available on HBONow or HBOGo as well if you don’t want to waste DVR space or wait for a re-run

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Available on HBONow or HBOGo as well if you don’t want to waste DVR space or wait for a re-run
    I recorded the first episode off one or the other via DirecTV. Pick up with the regular broadcasts starting with the next episode. I've got tons of DVR space. (Not enough good stuff to record, I guess...)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Nuclear power is a complicated social dilemma.

On one hand it is better form of energy production then the alternatives- on paper. The problem is human nature. Nuclear reactors are a screwup intolerant system, and realistically profit minded companies (or status seeking government managers) will breed errors. The one thing Fukushima and Chernobyl share is the human element. Risks are minimized, safety standards are ignored or cut, so on and so forth. Do that with a diesel generator and only the owner pays the cost. The consequences of mismanaging a nuclear reactor are much higher, and it is sensible to question if the benefit of the technology is worth that risk.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Nuclear power is a complicated social dilemma.

On one hand it is better form of energy production then the alternatives- on paper. The problem is human nature. Nuclear reactors are a screwup intolerant system, and realistically profit minded companies (or status seeking government managers) will breed errors. The one thing Fukushima and Chernobyl share is the human element. Risks are minimized, safety standards are ignored or cut, so on and so forth. Do that with a diesel generator and only the owner pays the cost. The consequences of mismanaging a nuclear reactor are much higher, and it is sensible to question if the benefit of the technology is worth that risk.

Obviously, it doesn't rise to the level of danger represented by cow farts.

Man, that first episode was good.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Man, that first episode was good.

Agree. Watched it with the missus last night. Should be an interesting series.

That first episode was better than expected.

Really enjoyed the first episode!

"So, we are all agreed...nothing happened."

My wife and I have been intrigued by the ads, after reading the responses here, will definitely watch it soon...
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List