Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame Cathedral on Fire in Paris

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Can some kind Mod please fix the spelling in the thread title?
    After 5 pages, my OCD meter is pegged off scale.

Many thanks.
    Notre danois?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I’m glad to hear that the most important relics survived. I’m saddened to have read that they won’t be able to rebuild the roof the way it originally was because oak trees the size of the ones cut down to build the original roof no longer exist in France.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

OK, maybe Notre Dame wasn't arson and we are all a bunch of conspiracy theorists, but...

"A man was taken into custody in New York Wednesday night after entering St. Patrick’s Cathedral carrying two canisters of gasoline, two bottles of lighter fluid and two butane lighters, authorities said.

The 37-year-old man, whose identity will be released once he is formally charged, was stopped by a cathedral security officer, New York City Police said. As the man was turned around, he spilled some gasoline on the floor and walked south onto Fifth Avenue and over to 50th street.

Cathedral security notified two Critical Response Command (CRC) officers-- part of a "striker team"-- outside the cathedral."

"Marc Lamparello has been identified as the 37-year-old man who was arrested by NYPD Counterterrorism officers after walking into the historic St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City with two gasoline cans just days after a fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Lamparello was taken into custody without incident at the seat of the Catholic Archdiocese of New York in midtown Manhattan Wednesday night, NBC New York reports.

Lamparello is a Boston College-educated philosophy professor who has been involved in the Catholic Church in the past."
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Just a crazy person. He has a book on Amazon.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Boston College-educated philosophy professor
    Sounds like a nutjob

Those kinds of tragedies give others too many bad ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Practical Shooter View Post
    Those kinds of tragedies give others too many bad ideas.
    I’ll bet that the NYPD was thinking just that.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    "A man was taken into custody in New York Wednesday night after entering St. Patrick’s Cathedral carrying two canisters of gasoline, two bottles of lighter fluid and two butane lighters, authorities said.
    Cops: "Why were you carrying two cans of gas, two bottles of lighter fluid and two butane lighters in the Cathedral?"

Critter: "What? I always carry that stuff around. You never know when you'll run out of gas or need to start a barbecue. Yeah, that's the ticket. And I need to call my lawyer."

Cops: "OK."

Banned
    Has anyone heard if they found any link to the guy caught with gasoline in New York?

Macron appoints special representative on Notre Dame restoration

Georgelin, a Benedictine oblate and a member of the Catholic Academy of France, has been called a "fervent Catholic," highly cultured and also imposing and opinionated.

User Tag List