Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta APX Carry is Here

.9 in width is nice. What is the DAO style trigger? Different than the other APX models?

Site Supporter
    If the bugs are worked out of the Nano design, I don't see this facelift and re-marketing attempt as a particularly bad thing. The one time I held a Nano, I thought the ergonomics were terrible. Hopefully this will be a decent little pistol. Given what APXs are selling far, I think Beretta really wants to get a share of the striker fired market for them to keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaponeer View Post
    It’s ............ugly. Like a Glock but uglier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's something you don't hear every day...

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    All the folks not buying 43's and Shields in lieu of G43x, G48 and P365. ETA: So I guess Glock and Sig are pioneering the new hotness.

"Everyone" was admittedly a poor choice of words on my part, but the market for the higher capacity slim subcompacts is HUGE.
    Agree that greater capacity slims are in higher demand, and this seems nothing more than a Nano with an APX-styled slide (which to some degree makes sense since the APX itself is derived from the Nano). The competitive advantage Beretta has with the APX Compact is that with a small or medium backstrap it feels like some of the competitor’s single stacks but with more ammo. Worse is that the APX Carry doesn’t appear to have the APX trigger, but rather the original Nano trigger that was criticized for being being too heavy for the size.

I love the APX line, but I won’t be rushing out to the LGS for this one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by White Crane View Post
    Those are single stack though, this is double stack right?
    This is a “true” single stack, where there is a single column magazine with zero staggering. The others you mention, and the Shield, have staggered magazines that don’t go all the way to a real double stack magazine.

Such a let down, I was really hoping for a single stack hammer fired pistol or at least a 92 compact with removable sights. Another non glock glock is getting really boring.

Guns.com YouTube Interview with Erik Stern at NRAAM 2019:

He addresses the trigger design, history with the NANO and APX double-stack line (both of which share common technical backgrounds), and the sights (something I don't see enough discussion on).

This is the second video in which Beretta has stated rather strongly that the trigger is not the NANO trigger, but a redesigned DAO trigger intended to be a "smooth 6 lbs. DAO trigger". It seems to me that they are aiming for that 6lbs. mark as they did with their double-stack APX's, but that they intentionally wanted to keep the long DAO characteristics that were present in the Nano an Pico pistols before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    This is a “true” single stack, where there is a single column magazine with zero staggering. The others you mention, and the Shield, have staggered magazines that don’t go all the way to a real double stack magazine.
    There is a tendency to label all these thin guns as single stacks. In my small gun collection, I have true single stacks 938, XDs) and “semi staggered” (“quasi staggered”?) like the 43 and Shield. Truth be told, I prefer the slight staggered magazines better. I find them easier to load and unload. Plus they’re less susceptible to next round drag, where feeding the top round drags the round below it, forward.

That video makes it look awesome for a BUG/NPE pistol, I really like the looks of that trigger pull... looks like you're getting the equivalent of an LEM in a BUG/NPE pistol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by arcfide View Post
    but a redesigned DAO trigger intended to be a "smooth 6 lbs. DAO trigger". It seems to me that they are aiming for that 6lbs. mark as they did with their double-stack APX's, but that they intentionally wanted to keep the long DAO characteristics that were present in the Nano an Pico pistols before it.
    If it has a trigger pull like a Kahr without the razor sharp magazines and harsh feeding characteristics, I’ll be interested in spite of the capacity. If it had a hammer it would be in the “I’ll be a beta tester” category.

User Tag List