Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Beretta APX Carry is Here

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    this little APX carry looks sharp, but even as a Beretta fan I don't see it replacing my G43x or XDS mod 2.
    Strong statement, but I'd wait to make that assessment until you get some time with one. I am warming up a bit to the 43X concept, though I will admit I thought it was silly at first.

Could not disagree more

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Hope it is better than my two crappy nanos. Can anyone confirm is this a different trigger? Can’t wait to find out.
    Saw this old post and had to give a chuckle. I respectfully will disagree. I understand that someone may not like a particular gun. But I am a Beretta Nano fanboy. My first one just went over 10,000 rds a few months back and have since bought two more. I love the grip on the Nano. Bought the grip for the APX Carry and placed one the Nano. So far I have been through a few thousand rounds shooting both side by side and finally made a decision I like the Nano grip better. This is not to say that others will feel the same. Grips are like shoes, no one size fits all.
    The Nano is hardly a "CRAPPY" firearm. On the contrary, he is a fantastic shooter. The build quality is one of the best I have seen. Very robust. Shooting one is very mild and easy to get back onto target. And I love the trigger. I have a number of Kahr's and both the Nano and the Kahr are very similar. I have shot the new Carry. The Trigger comes in about 5.7 lbs of pull from what most of my range buddies have told me. My broken in Nano is now around 6.1 -6.5 lbs And that is fine with me., I believe it was around 7.2 when new. They are gritty when new, but that wears off quickly. The bottom line is I shoot the gun well. And of course the new Gun Culture that is now prevalent will put down any DAO. It seems most have never shot one, or take the time to learn one. I use to shoot Light Striker fired Triggers and moved back to DAO and have never looked back.

The Nano has been a very reliable firearm. And the other two are the same. Maybe I will eventually get a new Carry, but have a lot of life left in the Nano's. The build quality of these firearms suggest they will go much longer than the 10,000 rounds I have put through one so far. I enjoy them tremendously. I shoot them weekly and they always bring me a lot of pleasure. A very underrated firearm.
    Last edited by Old Virginia; 01-20-2020 at 04:38 AM.

User Tag List