Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NRA, front page WSJ

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    While I agree that the platform should be used to address subjects that are on topic, I respectfully disagree that stating that a member of a group you are trying to recruit should "shut the fuck up" is an intelligent and productive manner to encourage participation and inclusiveness. We should leave the "circular firing squads" to the other side.
    I don’t understand. What diversity is exemplified by nra tv or an uncle Wayne begging letter referencing the terribleness of those who disagree with nra propaganda on any topic ? I recently rejoined the nra because it is a requirement if one wishes to be a member of a specific local gun club, and I do. So that’s my choice, and.no one forced me to make it. But I’ve already blocked the crazy pants stuff from nratv and I hate that I’ve underwritten a group which has an expensive pr firm inculcating hate for “the left” and progressives, off the deep end crap about “their law” and “their schools” etc. they were bad 20 years ago, but they’re exponentially worse now.

I’m willing to deal with it because I want to be a better competitive shooter and that requires me to practice other than at a square range, but for every one pro 2a progressive competitive shooter like me they gain, they permanently alienate many, many more progressive gun owners (who might not be into competition but are still pro 2a) and fence sitters. And guess what ? 2a defense requires everybody.
    Last edited by Medusa; 04-18-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Site Supporter
    @Rapid Butterfly that may be the only thing you've ever posted that I agree with but I agree with it 100%. Which I guess kinda proves the point we've both tried to make in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    I don’t understand. What diversity is exemplified by nra tv...
    To clarify, my intent was not to defend NRATV or its content, but rather to suggest that directing language such as "shut the fuck up" in and of itself has a negative optic that tends to make the parties you are trying to silence all the more vocal.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    To clarify, my intent was not to defend NRATV or its content, but rather to suggest that directing language such as "shut the fuck up" in and of itself has a negative optic that tends to make the parties you are trying to silence all the more vocal.
    Yeah, but there's a big difference between me using hyperbole here on a forum and actually telling Dana to her face that she needs to shut the fuck up. I'd probably say something else like "shut that cunt's mouth or I'll come over there and fuckstart her head."

Thread drift.... Allegedly Ryan Phillippe accidentally clocked Sarah Silverman while filming that scene:

And on more occasions than they probably care to admit, actors get punched in the face filming fight sequences, as when Sarah Silverman took a right-hander square in the eye from Ryan Phillippe while filming Christopher McQuarrie's directorial debut The Way of the Gun back around 1999.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List