Thread: Talon Grips Holster Wear Question

Talon Grips Holster Wear Question

I've been using the rubber Talon grips for quite a while on all my Glocks. I'd like to buy a sheet of the rubber and add some texture on both sides of the frame where my thumb and trigger finger rests (common with custom stippling jobs). Has anyone here done this, and if so, how does it hold up to kydex holster use?

I found that this did not work. With small pieces like that it just did one of two things:

1) shifted or peeled a bit.
    2) found it stuck to the holster.

YMMV given the equipment you use and the amount of add'l adhesive you might be willing to put on the grip tape.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

It sounds like it's time for me to suck it up and buy a woodburner and join the stippling crowd. I love my Glock 45 so much I doubt it'll ever be for sale anyhow.

I’ve got an index pad (granulate) on my M&P 2.0 competition gun on the right side. Using a comptac competition holster. The granulate took off some of the material inside the holster but after a few draw strokes it wore the spot down and seems to be a nonissue now.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Dremel tool and woodburner are in route from Amazon. I've watched a shit ton of stippling videos on YouTube. I'm stippling this gun this weekend, and may God have mercy on my soul. I've resisted this for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Dremel tool and woodburner are in route from Amazon. I've watched a shit ton of stippling videos on YouTube. I'm stippling this gun this weekend, and may God have mercy on my soul. I've resisted this for a long time.
    Practice on some Pmags or old A2 grips until you get your technique down. Much better to screw up a replaceable $10 mag than the frame of your favorite gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    Practice on some Pmags or old A2 grips until you get your technique down. Much better to screw up a replaceable $10 mag than the frame of your favorite gun.
    Definitely. I've got 3 A2 grips and a CAR Stock that will probably get thoroughly molested before I touch my favorite pistol. I'm a measure 5 times cut once type. I've also really paid attention to where my hands actually make contact with the frame in my grip as I've seen a lot of guns that were over-stippled in my opinion. I also have the benefit of having felt a lot of stipple jobs as an RSO as I can't help but ask politely to hold and check out every custom Glock that makes it to the range. The good thing is I have pretty decent artistic ability.
    Last edited by stomridertx; 04-17-2019 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Definitely. I've got 3 A2 grips and a CAR Stock that will probably get thoroughly molested before I touch my favorite pistol. I'm a measure 5 times cut once type. I've also really paid attention to where my hands actually make contact with the frame in my grip as I've seen a lot of guns that were over-stippled in my opinion. I also have the benefit of having felt a lot of stipple jobs as an RSO as I can't help but ask politely to hold and check out every custom Glock that makes it to the range. The good thing is I have pretty decent artistic ability.
    Don't forget to post before/after pics!
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List