Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is Smith & Wesson going to make an optics ready M2.0 series?

Vending Machine Operator

When is Smith & Wesson going to make an optics ready M2.0 series?

Apologies if this has been addressed, I can't find it.

I am getting really itchy to try an optics-equipped 9mm. Last year I switched my 3-gun carry/home defense system to all M2.0 9mm pistols and have been very happy with them. Bafflingly, though, we're still waiting on optics options. Glock has a vast line of reasonably priced optics-equipped pistols. Beretta has the APX RDO. Springfield Armory has optics-readied their XDMs. Sig has the 320 series and even the classic P-series optics-ready. Smith & Wesson has the original M&Ps optics ready with the CORE line, and just announced a new series of Shield pistols with optics.

What the hell are they waiting for?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    What the hell are they waiting for?
    Well, maybe this:
    https://www.nraam.org/
    In a couple weeks...

Seriously, they have historically made several announcements at the NRAAM, including the initial launch of the Shield, so I am hoping/wondering the same thing. I also have switched over to M&P as my only striker gun (I guess except for a few Kahrs) and am also starting to get MRD curious. I recently bought a 5" 2.0 that I am really happy with, and as cheap as they are I flirted with the idea of getting a twin and having it direct milled, and then looked at the calendar and decided to hold off.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 04-14-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Well that’s a bit of hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Well that’s a bit of hope!
    If not, I will probably cave and buy a pistol with the milling intension, and that would make it an iron-clad slam-dunk for them to release one, probably before I could even pay the fee at the FFL!

just announced a new series of Shield pistols with optics.
    The Shield has their own branded red dot sight, that could also be interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Well, maybe this:
    https://www.nraam.org/
    In a couple weeks...

Seriously, they have historically made several announcements at the NRAAM, including the initial launch of the Shield, so I am hoping/wondering the same thing. I also have switched over to M&P as my only striker gun (I guess except for a few Kahrs) and am also starting to get MRD curious. I recently bought a 5" 2.0 that I am really happy with, and as cheap as they are I flirted with the idea of getting a twin and having it direct milled, and then looked at the calendar and decided to hold off.
    The fact that they released the new Performance Center Shields a few weeks ago suggests they have something else for NRAAM.

My recollection from meeting with the S&W L/E sales guys at SHOT was that they have a 2.0 CORE.

Is this new? I just noticed it...

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...hreaded-barrel

So, not CORE, but has the suppressor sights. But I guess the sight notch is the typical one, does this leave room to direct mill?

Oh well, we will see Friday...

I need an M&P suppressor host far less than I need an M&P 9C set up with suppressor height sights, and an RMR cut. I just ordered a new first gen. M&P 9C to Apex out, and have cut for an RMR. I'll get what I want, even if I have to build it myself.

Still not sure...

I was so tired and it was so crowded that I didn't ask anybody.

User Tag List