Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any reason why I shouldn't add a Dillon casefeeder to a 650?

Any reason why I shouldn't add a Dillon casefeeder to a 650?

Title sums it up. Is there any reason not to add a case feeder to a 650? Are the casefeeders fussy, or is there a better option? Loading 9mm only.

You will want the case feeder. The only reason NOT to get it would be to reduce the initial purchase price and you could use it for a bit without, but the 650/750 is pretty much made to use with the case feeder.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    The only reason NOT to get it would be to reduce the initial purchase price.
    Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I originally skipped the casefeeder for that reason, but I'm overdue for an upgrade now. Wanted to make sure I was'nt overlooking any potential hiccups.

I used my SL900 like that for the first skeet season, but my shotgun volumes are lower (and I had just dropped the $ on another shotgun! )

ETA: If you have the 650 and are just getting the feeder, you are gonna be a very happy man!!!
    Last edited by mmc45414; 12-26-2019 at 01:43 PM.

I pretty much hated the 650 UNTIL running it with a case feeder. Dillon shouldn't even offer that as an option.

With that said here's a low cost alternative if you're handy:

https://youtu.be/tGzmlvhcJyk

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I ran my 650 for the first two seasons without the case feeder, it works fine but adding the feeder made everything much smoother and of course faster.

With the feeder and the strong mount it is quite tall, the top of the feeder bowl is 45" above the mounting surface. In my installation on a 38" high bench (for loading while standing) this places the top of feeder bowl 4" below the ceiling joists, leaving just enough room to exchange the feed plate and clear the occasional jam. I top up the feed bowl by pouring cases from a coffee can.

The case feeder is a must-have for high throughput reloading. It’s very reliable and trouble free.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Might as well use a 550 if no case and bullet feeders.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    With the feeder and the strong mount it is quite tall, the top of the feeder bowl is 45" above the mounting surface. In my installation on a 38" high bench (for loading while standing) this places the top of feeder bowl 4" below the ceiling joists, leaving just enough room to exchange the feed plate and clear the occasional jam. I top up the feed bowl by pouring cases from a coffee can.
    Good point. My bench is quite high too, but I just measured and I'll be able to squeeze it in.

Honestly, loading is getting a bit tedious with my current setup, sans casefeeder. Thanks for the input folks.

Next step is a bullet feeder...
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List