Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Slim Pistol Preferences

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Is anybody carrying compact 9mm "1911s"?

STI Staccato C
    Ed Brown KC9
    S&W 3" Pro Series
    Wilson EDC series
    Sig Ultra 9mm.

I know shorty 1911s get a bad rap. But, when you have a: ramped barrel, external extractor and a redesigned magazine in a completely different caliber.... does it make sense to judge it as a 1911? In terms of feeding/extraction, are we functionally closer to a 3913?

Like many, I want a slender 9mm that's comfortable inside the waistband... but I also want a nice, crisp trigger that's conducive to precise shooting. If those are your needs, nothing currently in production delivers--except something 1911ish. The question is reliability (and condition 1 carry). Though from some reviews I've seen, I'm wondering if this new crop of 9mm SAO shorties are good to go. That Smith Pro is sharp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPpFWhScFl8&t=223s

Oh... and I guess the Staccato C has an internal extractor
    For some reason I really want to like the Staccato C but I wonder what it really offers over a well built CCO and worry about any unique parts if it is discontinued.
    Last edited by sharps54; 04-18-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    For some reason I really want to like the Staccato C but I wonder what it really offers over a well built CCO and worry about any unique parts if it is discontinued.
    Yeah, I like the Staccato too. I think I read somewhere it's compatible with regular officer sized 9mm mags? So, that's a plus, I suppose.

I actually held one in my local gun store. It felt great. Sometimes single stacks feel a little vague in the grip... this didn't. The trigger was sweet too. And it's thin.

Site Supporter
    I carry a Dan Wesson ECO 9mm from time to time still. It has run fine on most every practice ammo I have used and always with my regular duty ammo (GD 124+P). It is about the only 1911 I carry anymore....
    Polite Professional

Site Supporter
    Bill Wilson claims that short barreled 1911s run better when they're in 9mm. Something about slide velocity and it's relationship to magazines springs I think.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    One of these is for sale locally. Guy has been trying for awhile. He can’t seem to give it away. I’ve been really tempted to help the poor guy out.
    Yes, this pistol was posted for sale here
    and only received interest from phishing inquirers. Mentioned in this thread elsewhere, this Hk has never failed to perform, no FTF no FTE no problems period, and it points naturally with my hand grip.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Oh, you got me with that one!

I still have mine after all these years (it was a 'back up' gun for quite a while) and sometimes I just carry it because it is so darned light and convenient. It was the best 'up-close & personal' gun that I have ever had.
    They're a compromise, but they have sights and seem to shoot well enough...

User Tag List