Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Name:  308CD374-4D8F-4DD1-B8F8-1D0F9184B357.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  23.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Name:  308CD374-4D8F-4DD1-B8F8-1D0F9184B357.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  23.7 KB
    It's up on their website for pre-order.

http://jagerwerks.com/preorder-b-r-o-s-4-6-weeks/

They've posted a few photos and a video on their Instagram page...

http://instagram.com/p/CAf9gzbJQpQ/

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Someone tell Aaron Cowan that the SRO is now DUTY READY.

6,000 rounds into official testing now. Most of those rounds were painfully abusive - we shot 2,000 rounds in less than an hour at one point. We’ve racked the optic by hand, racked it off wood structures several times, and submerged it for 30 seconds twice and about to do it all again. The mark is 10,000 rounds. Then we’ll start dropping it.

It’s pretty cool when you shove the slide into water to cool it off and steam comes out the mag well with such force you better not have your hand there.

I’ve had it locked on max since testing started (except when actually firing it) and while it’s only been a few weeks so far I see no issues. Of course, my own SRO has been going strong being used regularly since the beginning of March.

I've heard from several people that Trijicon RMRs play nicer with their astigmatism than other companies. Have people found that to be true with the SRO? Are there any technical reasons to think it would be similar? Once the ranges re-open around here, I'm thinking of treating myself to a non-budget pistol optic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    I've heard from several people that Trijicon RMRs play nicer with their astigmatism than other companies. Have people found that to be true with the SRO? Are there any technical reasons to think it would be similar? Once the ranges re-open around here, I'm thinking of treating myself to a non-budget pistol optic.
    I have an astigmatism (which is worse in my dominant eye- yay) and think it’s a very individual thing based on how a specific eye perceived the reticle. I used to like the larger dots because they seemed to stay more “round” and not look like two dots or a diagonal smudge, but I’m really finding now I like the smaller dots. I have an ACRO, Holosun, SRO, and a few RMRs and a Romeo Zero. I don’t think the Trijicons are so much “better” as the smaller dots are better - for me. I think it could be totally different for you so I would try several if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I have an astigmatism (which is worse in my dominant eye- yay) and think it’s a very individual thing based on how a specific eye perceived the reticle. I used to like the larger dots because they seemed to stay more “round” and not look like two dots or a diagonal smudge, but I’m really finding now I like the smaller dots. I have an ACRO, Holosun, SRO, and a few RMRs and a Romeo Zero. I don’t think the Trijicons are so much “better” as the smaller dots are better - for me. I think it could be totally different for you so I would try several if you can.
    Ever since the days when Aimpoint went from 4 moa to 2 moa, I was certain smaller must be better. Since I have shot optics on a pistol more, I have come to prefer a larger dot, as I am looking at the target, and a larger dot helps me look at the target but still keep awareness of the dot. I am influenced by dot size and brightness, but not the shape of the dot.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks, guys. Since I posted, I've been practicing drawing and indexing with my 34+FF3, and maintaining a target focus. I'm averaging ~100 repetitions a day. Small improvements have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Now that I'm making an actual effort to really figure it out, I'm finding that it's the brightness of the dot that I find hard to deal with. I see a very bright dot and corona that makes it hard to focus on anything else. If I turn down the brightness, the reticle gets too small to see.

The Ultradot-25 (circa 2005-ish) on my dad's BE gun appears perfect to me--nice dull red, perfectly round all the time. The 2014-ish UD-25 on mine, however, is no different than any other 'dot. Hence I was trying to figure out if there was some voodoo in emitters or glass treatments or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Ever since the days when Aimpoint went from 4 moa to 2 moa, I was certain smaller must be better. Since I have shot optics on a pistol more, I have come to prefer a larger dot, as I am looking at the target, and a larger dot helps me look at the target but still keep awareness of the dot. I am influenced by dot size and brightness, but not the shape of the dot.
    I've been doing it wrong the whole time. I thought I was maintaining a target focus, but I wasn't, and I didn't realize it until I started consciously training. I'm using 3x5" cards on the wall @ 5 yards. The size of the dot I see is way down, regardless of brightness. I've still no holes-in-paper data (ranges still closed, approaching 3 months), but I feel strongly I'd shoot better/faster with it now. I also had to really force my eyes to focus beyond the dot when I first started, which lead to some eyestrain soreness which I haven't encountered while shooting.

User Tag List