Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Not the sharpest knife in the drawer but did I miss a tease re. something new from Trij on 1.8.20?
    I was just getting ready to ask the same thing. A search and vist to Trijicon retuned zero results.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

They posted the teaser on their Instagram.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Mountains and rifle brass would indicate a rifle optic.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Mountains and rifle brass would indicate a rifle optic.
    Perhaps, but discounting of the RMR type 2 gives hope it is a pistol optic.

Lots of folks, mostly dreamers, thought the Glock announcement would be a long gun, so maybe it is fitting Trijicon shows rifle brass and delivers a PMO.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Short version — be sure to really tighten your SRO battery cap, despite the handbook saying to tighten until you “feel resistance.”

Longer version— this morning, I pulled the battery in my main SRO and checked it at 80 percent plus. I replaced the cap, dry fired a while, and then the dot died. Timing seemed suspect, so I investigated further and found that several SRO units required significant cap tension to work. The battery door is awkward due to interference with the rear of the lens housing, and a short handle wife flat blade seems to work best. This seems like a potential gotcha, between the chance of cross threading the way you have to tighten the cap and not getting the cap tight enough. Glad the battery lasts a long time on auto mode.

While looking inside the battery compartment, it appears they select 1, 2.5 or 5 based on where they solder something on the circuit board.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Perhaps, but discounting of the RMR type 2 gives hope it is a pistol optic.
    Well probably start seeing the RMR type 2.5s start to roll out. RMRs with SRO electronics.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    An RMR with slightly larger window and a top loading battery would be the bees knees.

Site Supporter
    My SRO 5moa seems to have quit working. It is mounted on a CZ P10F Optics Ready. Purchased in late August - in use since September. I do not keep count of rounds fired - probably close to 1500-2000 rounds of a light 9mm load - 115gr. I noticed a few days ago that there was not dot when I took the pistol out of the range bag - I shook it and dropped the slide a few times and the dot appeared and finished the range session. Today - the dot is missing and shaking, etc. has not revived the dot. Interesting, when I dry fire the dot appears instantaneously but immediately disappears. I will call Trijicon tomorrow. I guess the battery could be dead in 4 months?

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    My SRO 5moa seems to have quit working. It is mounted on a CZ P10F Optics Ready. Purchased in late August - in use since September. I do not keep count of rounds fired - probably close to 1500-2000 rounds of a light 9mm load - 115gr. I noticed a few days ago that there was not dot when I took the pistol out of the range bag - I shook it and dropped the slide a few times and the dot appeared and finished the range session. Today - the dot is missing and shaking, etc. has not revived the dot. Interesting, when I dry fire the dot appears instantaneously but immediately disappears. I will call Trijicon tomorrow. I guess the battery could be dead in 4 months?
    Asssuming you don’t have a battery tester, I would first change the battery and tighten the cap a lot, not just to initial resistance.

User Tag List