Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Quote Originally Posted by hfrog355 View Post
    Well, sure, if you want to play musical chair with them. It seems (and I'm a total amateur when it comes to dots) that the best option for 1-dot-1-pistol functionality is almost always direct milling.

Ive not had issue with multiple MOS guns. Ive had dots fail, but not at a rate that made me think the MOS was part of the problem. Fitment is part of it.

The advantage is that when someone launches something better you can move to it. And when that better turns out to have an Achilles heal you can change to something else.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Ive not had issue with multiple MOS guns. Ive had dots fail, but not at a rate that made me think the MOS was part of the problem. Fitment is part of it.

The advantage is that when someone launches something better you can move to it. And when that better turns out to have an Achilles heal you can change to something else.
    Last summer, I was pretty much convinced direct milling made for a longer lasting DP Pro, based on what I was experiencing. It turns out, that I had a certain vintage Pro direct milled, and they were more durable units.

Direct milling offers a simpler mounting interface at the cost of optics choice flexibility.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

The Trijicon stated for hard duty use the RMR was still the best option and that was when the SRO was first released. They were honest about it.
    Last edited by bravo7; 06-19-2019 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    The Trijicon stated for hard duty use the RMR was still the best option and that was when the SRO was first released. They were honest about it.
    Unless I missed it, they didn’t define “hard use.” Did they mean dropping the optic on big rocks or shooting thousands of rounds? I know how I define hard use, and it doesn’t involve rocks.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Unless I missed it, they didn’t define “hard use.” Did they mean dropping the optic on big rocks or shooting thousands of rounds? I know how I define hard use, and it doesn’t involve rocks.
    I think by marketing this as a comp optic that they defined their hard use as thousands of rounds fired no rocks.

Additionally for the RMR, duty use doesnt involve a whole lot of shooting but a whole lot of wearing and getting knocked around. At least thats my super civilian understanding, could be totally wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Grey; 06-19-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Just got to zero my SRO today. That 1MOA dot helps make easy work out of the zeroing process.
    Attachment 39206
    Interesting comp. Can I ask what it is?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Interesting comp. Can I ask what it is?
    It’s the Parker Mountain Machine Single port comp mounted on a threaded Victory First barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    It’s the Parker Mountain Machine Single port comp mounted on a threaded Victory First barrel.
    Thanks - I’ve been getting interested in comps lately and am trying to learn about them.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 06-19-2019 at 07:50 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I think by marketing this as a comp optic that they defined their hard use as thousands of rounds fired no rocks.

Additionally for the RMR, duty use doesnt involve a whole lot of shooting but a whole lot of wearing and getting knocked around. At least thats my super civilian understanding, could be totally wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    I think you have that backwards. By saying the SRO isn't for hard use, they're defining hard use as rocks. Ergo the SRO is good for thousands of rounds, but not hard use (rocks) like the RMR.

So it seems the RMR is still the optimal choice for a duty/carry optic.

There is something to be said about how long the RMR has been used and the development that it has undergone.

User Tag List