Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Her thoughts vs acro ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    She hasn’t done that comparison, but I have.

The Acro’s advantage is the sealed emitter design, while the SRO has a much bigger, more usable display.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I put about 125 rounds through a new Beretta APX with an SRO after work today and no issues.

One thing I noticed: the bottom of the window of the SRO lines up with the top of the optic body. With the RMR, the bottom of the window sits below the top of the optic body. Basically this means that the lower portion of the RMR window is unusable as it is blocked by the body, so not only is the SRO window larger, it sits higher on the optic where the entire window is usable.

I was a bit worried about how close the SRO is to overhanging the ejection port (after GJM’s post), and I don’t consider 125 rds proof of anything, but so far so good.

So, what I've learned from reading posts today is that direct milling continues to be the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by hfrog355 View Post
    So, what I've learned from reading posts today is that direct milling continues to be the best option.
    Unless of course you direct milled for something not SRO or Acro compatible. Possibly even DPP.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    With the RMR, the bottom of the window sits below the top of the optic body. Basically this means that the lower portion of the RMR window is unusable as it is blocked by the body.
    That is a very astute observation.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Unless of course you direct milled for something not SRO or Acro compatible. Possibly even DPP.
    Well, sure, if you want to play musical chair with them. It seems (and I'm a total amateur when it comes to dots) that the best option for 1-dot-1-pistol functionality is almost always direct milling.

Well, sure, if you want to play musical chair with them. It seems (and I'm a total amateur when it comes to dots) that the best option for 1-dot-1-pistol functionality is almost always direct milling.
    What optic would you direct mill for?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What optic would you direct mill for?
    Whichever one you want. Is there an optic/gun combination that performs better with an MOS or OR setup better than it does with direct milling?

Whichever one you want. Is there an optic/gun combination that performs better with an MOS or OR setup better than it does with direct milling?
    Of course, but the problem is picking the best optic, and direct milling weds you to one choice, or at least other choices that share that footprint.

My wife had her second session with the SRO this afternoon, and is eally liking this optic. I ordered another today, and will put it on a P10F.

Agency AOS system sits as low as most direct milled options and allows for almost all COTS optics using plates for your desired optic.

User Tag List