Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The SRO that I expected to arrive today, is still on the way. However, my friend received a 2.5 today, mounted it on a 320 X5, and shot 600 rounds through it.

First, the good. He loved the size of the display and intensity of the dot. Said he had to turn it down three clicks from max bright, on an outside, sunny Montana range. Was originally waiting for a 5 moa, but said the 2.5 is so bright, he now is undecided whether he wants the 5 moa. The dot held zero and was a delight to shoot.

Now, the bad. In the first 100 rounds, he had an empty case jam between the top of the barrel hood and the lower forward portion of the SRO. Later it happened again in the session, for a total of two instances in 600 rounds. Hope this doesn’t turn out to be an issue.
    He sent me this, showing it.

Name:  C085E5F6-4582-439A-BC9B-83A6FB061A72.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  32.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    He sent me this, showing it.

Name:  C085E5F6-4582-439A-BC9B-83A6FB061A72.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  32.7 KB
    I wonder how much the plate mounting system contributes to this since it requires the SRO to sit higher than a direct mounted option?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I wonder how much the plate mounting system contributes to this since it requires the SRO to sit higher than a direct mounted option?
    Think we can sticky some chewing gum in there to prevent it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I think the mounting system/height would have a huge impact on this. My SRO sits much lower on my milled Glock 19.5.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This “issue” may be the best argument I have heard for 45 ACP in the last few years!

Is the case ejection for the 320 X5 robust? is he running gamer ammo and springs?

I was just contemplating a G19.5 this morning, but if the gap is too big, I'll go direct mill like I have before
    Last edited by theJanitor; 06-10-2019 at 06:52 PM.

I’m sure the Glock MOS would have an equivalent gap. If it only works well with direct milled slides that’s gonna be a problem for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich406 View Post
    I’m sure the Glock MOS would have an equivalent gap. If it only works well with direct milled slides that’s gonna be a problem for most people.
    Easily fixed. Take a piece of that foam tape they use to seal around doors and put it on the bottom of the optic window. Gap filled. Problem solved.

https://www.amazon.com/Density-Strip...81032466&psc=1
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I think the mounting system/height would have a huge impact on this. My SRO sits much lower on my milled Glock 19.5.

Is there room for the iron sight to be mounted (direct milled) in front of the optic instead of at the rear?
    Last edited by Gray01; 06-10-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    Is there room for the iron sight to be mounted (direct milled) in front of the optic instead of at the rear?
    I wouldn't think so based on the position that a forward placed sight is usually positioned. That would probably need to be definitively answered by someone more familiar with the actual milling process though.

Last edited by dontshakepandas; 06-10-2019 at 08:01 PM.

User Tag List