Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    What do most people think a acceptable failure round count should be on a rds? And does the type of use change what we think is acceptable? Say a gamer/Leo/mil/ccw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For gaming I would say it needs to go at least 10k+, and even for that, you need to have a primary/match gun with an optic you are gentle with, a training/dry fire gun that can see more abuse, and a backup training/match gun for when one of your others goes down. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like paying close to $1000 in match fees, ammo, gas, and lodging to have my optic die on me and ruin the whole match, so reliability is extremely important.

For LEO/Mil, unless you have vision issues that preclude you from using iron sights, I don't think any current optics are anywhere near reliable enough for use. For a LEO/mil with vision issues I'd still recommend a three gun system like above at the minimum, with the gun you carry every day seeing very low round count and usage.

"For a LEO/mil with vision issues I'd still recommend a three gun system like above at the minimum, with the gun you carry every day seeing very low round count and usage."

Yup...Duty/Carry pistol, training pistol, extra pistol.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Any updates on a timeframe for availability & those that pre-ordered where & any deliveries yet?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Any updates on a timeframe for availability & those that pre-ordered where & any deliveries yet?
    I think I remember seeing they would be shipping in early June.

Trijicon told me end of May beginning of June as well. I am excited to see how it shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Trijicon told me end of May beginning of June as well. I am excited to see how it shakes out.

Got a source for that or just a buddy who works for them?

I have heard from three different sources, that Trijicon is saying their new SRO is built for competition, not duty, and for duty they recommend the RMR. Not sure if they are trying to protect the RMR, just be cautious, or they know something from their testing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have heard from three different sources, that Trijicon is saying their new SRO is built for competition, not duty, and for duty they recommend the RMR. Not sure if they are trying to protect the RMR, just be cautious, or they know something from their testing.
    I guess the Cowan's review will show us this.

Per the Trijicon rep in this video, the SRO isn't as durable as the RMR in drops and crush tests, but is still the second most durable optic they tested.

This makes sense to me due to the shape. I think it still sounds plenty rugged for concealed carry, but I think I'd go with an ACRO for duty or open carry.

Site Supporter
    Wouldn't competition be harder on the device?

Chris

User Tag List