Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Hmm, very interesting. I was about to have another slide milled for the type 2 RMR, guess I should wait. I've given up on waiting for the Acro at this point - soon is taking too long.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Trijicon is going to kick Aimpoint right in the goods. Aimpoint is taking way too long to drop theirs.

I am pumped for a new rmr. I have type 2 and it has been perfect but I would be down for a improved one.

I have very rarely noticed the auto dim on mine. But I also usually always set the dot where I want and forget about it. I carry it all the time so it very rarely ever sits long enough to default to auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    My dot is crisper then my aimpoints also. My type two rmr 06 doesnt auto adjust.. or it does and I havent noticed?
    I notice mine when first getting to the range. My type 2 is on my carry gun.

If I haven't adjusted the brightness up, normally my first draw/presentation has the dot dimmed for the concealed carry lighting conditions under my shirt. I shoot at an outdoor range, in direct sun, so the 3.25 dot is absent for a second or so before it catches up with the ambient brightness.

I had similar experiences with RM01 type 1 when shooting from a covered position into a better lit area.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sheeze, I should read up - I didn't even know the type 2 auto adjusted.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I notice mine when first getting to the range. My type 2 is on my carry gun.

If I haven't adjusted the brightness up, normally my first draw/presentation has the dot dimmed for the concealed carry lighting conditions under my shirt. I shoot at an outdoor range, in direct sun, so the 3.25 dot is absent for a second or so before it catches up with the ambient brightness.

I had similar experiences with RM01 type 1 when shooting from a covered position into a better lit area.

I guess I just adjust the brightness enough to never let mine default to auto. I’ve gotten in the habit of going up/down one level when entering or exiting a building.

This is good.

Competition to the ACRO is great and I hope the RMR comes through to offer another viable option. If they can keep the same footprint and increase the window size with all the other good stuff, it will be a winner for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    My dot is crisper then my aimpoints also. My type two rmr 06 doesnt auto adjust.. or it does and I havent noticed?
    They go to auto-adjust after 16 hours without button inputs

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_RMR.php

Quote Originally Posted by Quotron View Post
    They go to auto-adjust after 16 hours without button inputs

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_RMR.php
    Thank you, i went and looked it up after also. Guess I haven't had enough time to notice it!

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I guess I just adjust the brightness enough to never let mine default to auto. I’ve gotten in the habit of going up/down one level when entering or exiting a building.
    I might have to start doing that in the AM before I leave the house. 16 hours should be more than enough to not worry about having to mess with it during the day.

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    If it can disable the stupid type 2 auto dim function, I'm in. For some reason Trijicon's dots don't bother my astigmatism like Aimpoints dots do. (granted I've never seen an ACRO, but I'd imagine they didn't redesign their emitter technology).
    I've been told that the auto battery save function was removed.

This optic will be interesting to me, but not on a pistol, ironically; I'd probably want to use it as an offset sight on my optics, if Spuhr doesn't make ISMS plates for the ACRO. Otherwise, I feel that Aimpoint has a better track record than Trijicon, given Trijicon's issues with the RMR Type 2s, SRSes, etc.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 04-14-2019 at 09:13 PM.

User Tag List