Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    We really don't need a larger window. Maybe for hunting or games, but not for CCW.
    What about for uniformed law enforcement carry?

Also, being 2.5 MOA, I think this might be a nice optic for a PDW and/or patrol carbine.

I think with a proper holster the size can easily be overcome. I am very excited about this. I like the larger window and all the features they added to improve the rmr line. This will sell very well and make a lot of people happy.

If it holds up then I am all in on it. I have been fortunate that my rmr2 has held up perfectly for over a year now. But this looks like a better built mouse trap to me. The window is a lil bigger than I hoped but it is nowhere near the bulk of the dp pro or Acro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Some changes mentioned (I hate videos):
    • same mounting setup
    • bigger window
    • top replace battery
    • less tint on window

Not mentioned that I caught, but the body is taller, which may block some sights.
    Same mounting setup precludes direct milling on a Walther for me because the mounting screws are too wide. I can see them wanting to keep the same mounting, but if they went to the common Docter, Leupold, Vortex, Burris, SIG, etc. mounting screw width, direct milling would be possible for almost any manufacturer's slide. Guys with Glocks are good to go, but others will need a mounting plate, which raises the sight more. And the taller body makes it worse.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    We really don't need a larger window. Maybe for hunting or games, but not for CCW.
    What about for uniformed law enforcement carry?

Also, being 2.5 MOA, I think this might be a nice optic for a PDW and/or patrol carbine.
    The "we" here is me and my wife--and we're not law enforcement. I included a "YMMV" to cover other stuff like military and law enforcement usage.

I think I'd rather have an Aimpoint Micro or one of the AA or AAA battery powered tube dots than the SRO on a rifle--we hunt in the rain and mud so the enclosed emitter is important and easier to clean. But we went with 1-4/1-5/1-6 scopes instead of dots.

But I predict most people will really, really like this, since it seems to answer the majority of the complaints about RMRs, assuming the extra height to the body doesn't interfere with existing sights.

Site Supporter
    Must be real, the memes are already out:

Name:  3438B1FF-37D4-461E-A148-D249DAE43FC0.jpeg
Views: 768
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  9B0EE344-72FD-4E26-8E98-1CE3DDAB6A06.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  47.8 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    That window looks real nice, seems like a great optic for gaming - kind of DPP size and look, with hopefully RMR durability. I can see one in my future. I do agree - could be a little large for throwing in a holster though.

What a great time for pistol red dots.
    I have a completed upper already milled for RMR. This new sight would be ideal for a range toy or field gun based on my existing upper.

Chris

it seems to answer the majority of the complaints about RMRs, assuming the extra height to the body doesn't interfere with existing sights.
    I imagine the SRO will replace the RMR in Trijicon's line up. Maybe not right away but within a couple years.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

William Petty of Centrifuge Training said on his Facebook page that he has gotten it to work with Safariland RDS holsters after a minor tweak. He also said you can drop it and beat it up but it keeps running. Apparently he has been testing it for a while. This info makes me even more excited about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I imagine the SRO will replace the RMR in Trijicon's line up. Maybe not right away but within a couple years.

I doubt that for multiple reasons.

1. Customers want options.
    2. Existing (SOCOM) contracts
    3. Knowledge of how Trijicon operates. Heck, they still offer the SRS AND the original Reflex sight. I know all those Reflexes aren't just going to M4A1 clone builders. I'm surprised the Tri-power isn't still on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I doubt that for multiple reasons.

1. Customers want options.
    2. Existing (SOCOM) contracts
    3. Knowledge of how Trijicon operates. Heck, they still offer the SRS AND the original Reflex sight. I know all those Reflexes aren't just going to M4A1 clone builders. I'm surprised the Tri-power isn't still on their website.
    Whatever happens. We'll see. No dog in the fight either way.

User Tag List