Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

I got another 5 moa today, but I saw the “in stock” email, and literally pulled off the road to order.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I got email confirming my SRO 5 shipped today from Europtic. I placed my order when first ad hit and left it active.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just pulled an RMR off a Primary Machine direct milled slide, and replaced it with an SRO. Awesome upgrade from a pure shooting perspective. BUIS almost disappear compared to the same sights on an RMR.

Attachment 41681

Attachment 41682
    One of the things I see here as an advantage besides the overall larger window is the shape. Maybe it’s been brought up already, but the eye naturally wants to find the center of a circle. It’s the same premise with “U” notch rear irons. Having a circle window will be significantly better than the RMR shape in my opinion.

my 2nd SRO for my M&P is "out for Delivery"

and Arrived. I got this 2nd one from Tombstone tactical.com bought it late Friday afternoon delivered here today. That's not bad
    better price than Midway too and no sales tax was charged
    now to get her on my M&P 9L

Still waiting on my slide/SRO to be returned from ATEI. Getting kind of frustrated at this point. It was received and checked in June 16. Was told via email on August 16 that it would be back from melonite next week (which was last week), inspected, reassembled and returned. Radio silence otherwise.

Does ATEI have a record of delays I wasn't aware of? I'm still excited about the quality of the work they're rumored to produce, but it's gotta get here eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by hfrog355 View Post
    Still waiting on my slide/SRO to be returned from ATEI. Getting kind of frustrated at this point. It was received and checked in June 16. Was told via email on August 16 that it would be back from melonite next week (which was last week), inspected, reassembled and returned. Radio silence otherwise.

Does ATEI have a record of delays I wasn't aware of? I'm still excited about the quality of the work they're rumored to produce, but it's gotta get here eventually...
    That doesn’t sound horrible to me, especially since they are relying on an outside vendor for the finishing.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Was almost perfectly zero'd at 120 yards right out of the box , very minor adjustments.
    the clearance from the ejector port is quite a bit less than on my Shadow 2, but
    I shot about 150 rounds today and didn't have any issues .....yet , fingers crossed. I'm really loving this optic
    on both my CZ and my M&P
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I can find no reference on Trijicon's website that these are intended for anything other than range or competition. The RMR on the other hand clearly states being suitable for military and law enforcement, concealed carry, etc...

"The RMR Type 2 is designed with a patented housing shape that absorbs impacts and diverts stresses away from the lens to increase durability. It also offers redesigned and upgraded electronics that have been proven to perform when mounted on slide ride pistols and other small arms. It’s suitable for military, law enforcement, concealed carry self-defense, target shooting, and hunting applications."

Looks like this rules out the SRO for me, just doesn't sit well that they are not outright endorsing the SRO for these types of roles. I believe it may have to do with the design of the housing of the RMR being better reinforced against impacts, of which we know is as tough as nails.

They're just hedging their bets.

User Tag List