Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    They're just hedging their bets.
    Possible, but has anybody hammered nails with one yet? I mean we know the RMR handles this level of punishment, if the SRO cannot I would consider their marketing to be rather accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Possible, but has anybody hammered nails with one yet? I mean we know the RMR handles this level of punishment, if the SRO cannot I would consider their marketing to be rather accurate.
    Unless you are actually an LE or MIL you probably arent going to need that level of robustness that the rmr2 has. For CC I wouldnt worry about the SRO.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That doesn’t sound horrible to me, especially since they are relying on an outside vendor for the finishing.
    It's very possible you are correct. I understand that good work takes time. I just had an expectation to be around 6 weeks. Now I'm over 10. Expectations always get ya...

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I can find no reference on Trijicon's website that these are intended for anything other than range or competition. The RMR on the other hand clearly states being suitable for military and law enforcement, concealed carry, etc...

"The RMR Type 2 is designed with a patented housing shape that absorbs impacts and diverts stresses away from the lens to increase durability. It also offers redesigned and upgraded electronics that have been proven to perform when mounted on slide ride pistols and other small arms. It’s suitable for military, law enforcement, concealed carry self-defense, target shooting, and hunting applications."

Looks like this rules out the SRO for me, just doesn't sit well that they are not outright endorsing the SRO for these types of roles. I believe it may have to do with the design of the housing of the RMR being better reinforced against impacts, of which we know is as tough as nails.
    I am pretty certain this was covered, way earlier in this thread.

I am waiting to see more high round counts come in but I can see myself willing to put a SRO on a carry gun.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

I can't edit my post , I zeroed at 10 yards an at 120 yards LOl!
    Last edited by kmanick; 08-28-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Unfortunately, there is no perfect pistol optic yet. Considerations include overall size, size of the display, clearness of the display, battery life, mounting footprint, durability with high round count shooting, durability to external punishment, performance in rain and snow on account of an open vs sealed emitter, size and brightness of the dot, how the controls work, ease of changing the battery, integration with BUIS, and whether there is an auto intensity function.

Since I don’t plan on using my pistol as a hammer, and I value a large clear display that enhances my shooting performance, I am using the SRO on my competition and carry gun. Other people will prioritize differently based on their priorities.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Unfortunately, there is no perfect pistol optic yet. Considerations include overall size, size of the display, clearness of the display, battery life, mounting footprint, durability with high round count shooting, durability to external punishment, performance in rain and snow on account of an open vs sealed emitter, size and brightness of the dot, how the controls work, ease of changing the battery, integration with BUIS, and whether there is an auto intensity function.

Since I don’t plan on using my pistol as a hammer, and I value a large clear display that enhances my shooting performance, I am using the SRO on my competition and carry gun. Other people will prioritize differently based on their priorities.
    Can you comment about how well it conceals?

I ask because it appears that it may conceal slightly better than the RMR if carrying AIWB.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Can you comment about how well it conceals?

I ask because it appears that it may conceal slightly better than the RMR if carrying AIWB.

Thanks.

I haven’t done a side by side with the RMR, but the SRO conceals well because the mass of the display is forward, down at the belt line.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I haven’t done a side by side with the RMR, but the SRO conceals well because the mass of the display is forward, down at the belt line.
    Does it appear to be as robust as the RMR?

I know it’s hard to tell as you’ve not had it and used it over, say, five years.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Does it appear to be as robust as the RMR?

I know it’s hard to tell as you’ve not had it and used it over, say, five years.

Thanks again.

That is what I am in the process of figuring out.

User Tag List