Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

I just received my 5 MOA SRO to direct mill onto my P229. It will be a fun little project on our new CNC mill.

So far it seems like max brightness, or 1 click down might be the best options for me in full sun down here in Louisiana.

I was wondering if anyone has done any "lock-in" battery life testing on the SRO at the different levels? If so can yall point me to that thread. If not, I started max brightness testing today, and I'll report when it dims or dies.
    I'm so cheap I took all the shot up targets from Gabe White's class. Brown tape is cheaper than targets though...

Quote Originally Posted by tyrusasmith View Post
    I just received my 5 MOA SRO to direct mill onto my P229. It will be a fun little project on our new CNC mill.

So far it seems like max brightness, or 1 click down might be the best options for me in full sun down here in Louisiana.

I was wondering if anyone has done any "lock-in" battery life testing on the SRO at the different levels? If so can yall point me to that thread. If not, I started max brightness testing today, and I'll report when it dims or dies.
    My wife ran the OEM battery in a SRO from July, checked it the other day and it was near 100 percent. She would turn it off when not in use.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife ran the OEM battery in a SRO from July, checked it the other day and it was near 100 percent. She would turn it off when not in use.
    Was it a daily carry gun, dryfire, and/or match gun? What setting does she normally have it set to?
    I'm so cheap I took all the shot up targets from Gabe White's class. Brown tape is cheaper than targets though...

Site Supporter
    200 rounds shooting in the rain. The loaded chamber viewing hole (M&P 2.0)seems to be spraying powder straight up the glass. It's bad enough when it's dry and the powder isn't all sticking, and some moisture made it worse.

I think I was on the third mag when a drop of water covered the emitter and murdered the dot.

That said the grime didn't cause an issue shooting plates out to 40 yards after dark using a WML or handheld.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Cat Crap seems to have solved the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrusasmith View Post

SRO Battery life test results at max brightness locked-in: 22.5 days. It showed no signs of low battery or dimming in the previous 12 hours before it died.

Test duration 11-17-19 @ 10:23 AM to 12-8-19 @ ~10 PM - 6:30 AM the next day.

The sight wasn't mounted to a gun and remained in a climate controlled house between 70-77 F.

I'll probably do a 1 click down test next.

1 click down from max brightness lock-in battery life test started 12-21-19 @ 12:25 pm. Duracell 2032.

Note: factory battery was an Energizer.

I 3d printed my proposed milling result for my P229 to test when our mill gets up and running.

Name:  IMG_20191221_123006.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  72.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_20191221_123041.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  49.1 KB
    Last edited by tyrusasmith; 12-21-2019 at 01:34 PM.

So what's coming on 1/8/20? SRO Gen 2?

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Mini RMR for single stacks like the G43X/48!

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Not the sharpest knife in the drawer but did I miss a tease re. something new from Trij on 1.8.20?

User Tag List