Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I found these posted over on another forum. It really makes the height look a lot less crazy than when it was mounted all the way on top of that XD.

Attachment 37589
    Attachment 37590

I just pre ordered one from EuroOptic. $490 shipped, which is only about $50 more than I paid for the RMR Type 2 that I just returned. I went with the 2.5 MOA dot since my astigmatism seems to make the dot appear a little bigger than it really is.
    I’ll be ordering one also. That picture makes it seem way easier to conceal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Am I wrong not being that excited about this?

I mean, it's cool, but... meh.
    I think that depends on how invested you are in the red dot world. This isn't completely revolutionary, but definitely has the evolutionary things that I think a lot of us have been waiting for.

When shooting with a red dot having the extra height will really help for tracking the dot for faster follow up shots. It will also make draws and awkward position shooting a lot easier.

The tint on the RMR was never a huge issue for me, but I won't complain about it being clearer.

Having to take the RMR off once a year to change the battery also wasn't a big deal for me, but not having to remove it is definitely nice. This is a nice convenience but also reduces the changes of stripped screws or other issues like that.

For open carry or duty carry I'd probably go with the Acro for the closed emitter, but for concealed carry I don't think that is as important.

As far as concealed carry is concerned, wouldn’t the rounded shape help blend into cover garment? When I carried a PX4, the roundness of the slide printed significantly less than say a Glock. That being said, I’m looking down at my current AIWB setup and I don’t think the larger footprint would be an issue in the slightest.

Trijicon WILL be updating the RMR. Maybe by Shot show. So if this is too large for some folks wait patiently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Sounds like they will be shipping mid June-July

And Trijicon will be updating the RMR. But probably will not release until shot show ish.

Last edited by Trukinjp13; 04-25-2019 at 11:25 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Trijicon WILL be updating the RMR. Maybe by Shot show. So if this is too large for some folks wait patiently.

Any hints as to what the updated RMR (version 3.0?) will entail?

My first impression is that the SRO would be my choice to mount on a Glock 34 or 17 sized competition or duty gun. It would be super badass to have the SRO on a Glock 40 (10mm longslide). I'd still run the RMR on a carry gun just for the smaller size. I don't get open emitter type dots on long guns at all when you have the MRO, Aimpoint Micro, or Holosun micros for those platforms.
    I wish the Shield RMS was better and came with a smaller dot, that would be my choice for a carry gun if they could dial in the design better.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Any hints as to what the updated RMR (version 3.0?) will entail?
    Supposedly the SRO improvements will carry to the RMR. Basically a SRO with RMR window. Which is frikin badass

I hate to say it, but this just doesn't knock my socks off.....

I own a DPP (mounted to a G19.4 MOS I have tinkered with), as well as an RMR Typ1 (on a ZEV Dragonfly 19 factory built pistol). I also have an Eotech XPS2….and I only mention this as I feel I have a somewhat broad spectrum of devices by several manufactures so I have a good feel for the market in these smaller optics that are presently available retail.

Both of these optics have a great place...and this just feels like it took Leupold's display, and added its patented controls (dare I say a DPP+?).

Use case here feel more like competition (as my DPP is set up) rather than carry, and I fear as time rolls on, many of these will also see DPP type breakage complaints...it is hard, as Leupold has demonstrated, to give someone that much screen real-estate and not be exposed to breakage in harsh environments. That was the RMR compromise of course (smaller, lightweight, robust, due to small display and adequate protection).

A secondary use case here feels a LOT like a sub-gun/pistol caliber Carbine/SBR optic for up-close/urban use! I could easily see this atop a GHM9, MP5 (clone), or the like! The larger window affords better FOV and two-eye-open operation, and size is not as much of a consideration relative to the platform…and weight savings over an XPS or an MRO might be noteworthy!

Fuck yea, that thing looks awesome!

I know some won't like the bigger window, height wise, but width wise it appears no different than the RMR. The extra hood length and window size should make transitions from dark to bright or bright to dark much smoother (the window will be partly shaded, as opposed to no shading currently). Keeping the RMR footprint is great. It won't work for anyone who mounted the BUIS in front. Oh well, that's just a dovetail, drive it out and drive on.

Battery on top = awesome. No drawers to break off.

The height "seems" like a bummer, but I doubt it is. As opposed to the Acro which added height at the rear of the slide, Trijicon added it towards the middle (a fucking brilliant move). When you're holstered, do you worry about your ejection port sticking out or the rear of your slide and butt? Most holsters, will bury the optic relatively deep and printing won't be a concern at all. The rounded profile will help eliminate any snagging you might have previously gotten.

In my opinion, Trijicon NAILED it with this design. It's YUGE and I like it. I'll have to very seriously consider having a 1911 milled with Triji's 1911 RMR mount and fitting an SRO.

User Tag List