Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I could care less how an optic performs when it is dropped onto a large rock or cement.
    I've seen M9s get dropped all the time. I've seen a whole table of 40+ M9s get flipped and land on concrete. One Airmen dropped their M9 three times before being asked to leave the range. Every time I go to qualify I bring a sharpie to black out the bare metal on my M9 irons.

Duty guns are made to survive the minimum standard. Drop tests may not matter to you but then you're probably not in Aaron's target audience.

Unless I missed it, they didn’t define “hard use.” Did they mean dropping the optic on big rocks or shooting thousands of rounds? I know how I define hard use, and it doesn’t involve rocks.
    I saw a video where a trijicon rep was recommending the RMR over the SRO for duty use and referenced the difference in crush rating.
    Last edited by Xhado; 06-19-2019 at 06:45 PM.

More bad SRO news. My friend, who has two, had one of his develop a problem where the dot is 10 moa or larger, and misshaped. He just ripped it off and replaced it with a RTS2 as we are traveling to a match tomorrow.
    Sounds like glass over the emitter might be missing or have moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Not Duty Rated®” = “Duty Rated Marketing”

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    Duty guns are made to survive the minimum standard. Drop tests may not matter to you but then you're probably not in Aaron's target audience.
    I am in the group that is willing to replace my optic if I drop it on a big rock, but really dislikes replacing optics every few weeks, when all I do is shoot them. As best as I can tell, Aaron’s testing didn’t identify durability problems with the DP Pro, battery problems with the Acro, and the problems we have encountered with the SRO.

I just sprung for a 6.5 moa RMR type 2, that I will have Primary direct mill on a P10C, and see how that works out for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Disappointed in Trijicon for the issues with the SRO. Hopefully they rectify these. I am glad that they left the RMR alone now. Also makes me wonder if they wanted to wait so long for the type 3 because they knew teething issues were coming with the updated design and did not want to drop a RMR that was not duty ready? Obviously this is my opinion I pulled out of my ass.

I personally want a optic that can handle getting smacked around. I definitely do not have a bank roll to replace them every time they get a bad bump. My type 2 has met some unfortunate incidents while holstered and I would have been pissed if that killed it. But it has soldiered on, through a lot of different temperatures and “rough handling”. I will never intentionally smash it or drop it. But it damn sure better be able to handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leupold did a bunch of drop testing in the development of the DP Pro. They added the shroud, that was not on the original DeltaPoint. Unfortunately, resistance to damage when being dropped on hard surfaces did not make the optic more reliable, when it came to high round count shooting on a slide mounted application.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

After mine had an issue out of the box and reading about other failures, including the Cowan drop test failures, I've asked that my replacement SRO that was backordered be replaced with a RMR instead.

Hopefully we'll see the technology continue to move forward but it seems right now the RMR is still the best option for defensive use.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I cancelled my SRO order today. The density of problem reports within just a week of getting to consumers is too high for me.

Leupold did a bunch of drop testing in the development of the DP Pro. They added the shroud, that was not on the original DeltaPoint. Unfortunately, resistance to damage when being dropped on hard surfaces did not make the optic more reliable, when it came to high round count shooting on a slide mounted application.
    I dropped my DP out of the holster during a match, got snagged by clothing. Landed straight down on the optic, with a a nice acceleration provided by a 43 oz gun attached to it. Impressively, it stayed on the optic, magwell up, until I picked it up. Needless to say, I am skeptical that one must have an RMR shape housing to make an optic reasonably drop proof.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Hmm, guess I may be jumping on the bandwagon and letting my SRO go unpurchased and just do another RMR instead.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

I just shot my first match with an SRO, which brings me to 750 rounds without a single hiccup or dot shift. So far, so good.

User Tag List