Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Who does that mod, Mark Housel?
    Yes. Second entry under new services on his home page.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

What are people doing for retention or duty holsters with red dots? I need something for run and guns with the SRO on an M&P. USPSA and carry shouldn't be a problem, but I don't have an answer for something more vigorous.

EDIT: Is it possible to Dremel a 6390RDS and make it work?
    Last edited by hfrog355; 07-03-2019 at 11:13 AM.

BladeTech or Red Hill Tactical should be able to get you taken care of for a SRO mounted holster option.

I was comparing a type 2 RMR with a 6.5 moa dot and a new SRO with a 2.5 moa dot, both in auto mode, in a range of lighting conditions in the house as darkness approached.

In all the light I tried, the 6.5 dot was very visible, even if the RMR’s usable display is ridiculously small. The SRO’s 2.5 dot became pitifully small in certain light conditions. This reinforces my belief that you can get away with a 2.5 dot in manual mode, where you can turn up the dot intensity to effectively make it larger, but if you want to run in auto, a larger dot is more visible in a wider range of lighting conditions.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I was comparing a type 2 RMR with a 6.5 moa dot and a new SRO with a 2.5 moa dot, both in auto mode, in a range of lighting conditions in the house as darkness approached.

In all the light I tried, the 6.5 dot was very visible, even if the RMR’s usable display is ridiculously small. The SRO’s 2.5 dot became pitifully small in certain light conditions. This reinforces my belief that you can get away with a 2.5 dot in manual mode, where you can turn up the dot intensity to effectively make it larger, but if you want to run in auto, a larger dot is more visible in a wider range of lighting conditions.
    What's the farthest you've taken either (2.5 or 6.5) out to?

SROs, RMRs, dot sizes

I agree that for truly optimal auto-brightness, the overall curve should be brighter for smaller dots.
    That being said, I don't think the tech is precise enough to make it perfectly consistent.
    My two 3.25 moa RMR Type 2s have visibly different curves. Put them side by side in certain lighting conditions and the level they auto-adjust to will be one level apart from each other. One is consistently one step below the other in transitional lighting conditions. Good news is they're both usable, in fact the brighter one is a little brighter than I'd prefer.
    Just received two SROs, 2.5 moa. Liked the 2.5 moa in the DPP but of course that was manual only.
    One of the SROs does what yours does GJM, in dim light it gets dang small and harder to see. Wish it were brighter at the dim end of the curve.
    The other SRO has no auto-adjust mode whatsoever. Replaced batteries, tried the button combinations a thousand times, no luck. Received return authorization from trijicon within hours of calling them to explain the problem.
    No shooting done yet, just got them out of the box and mounted the functional one on a milled slide. Looking forward to trying it out.

Site Supporter
    I keep going to the red dot forum to check on this thread but it isn't there. Who's the shitty mods in this joint?

My friend has three SRO units, all 2.5 moa dots, in use. All three continue to move in elevation about one click every 100-200 rounds. He has them witness marked.

I mounted a SRO today, and it also seemed to move down in elevation over the course of several hundred rounds. I will witness mark it tonight, as I didn’t have my marker with me at the range.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My friend has three SRO units, all 2.5 moa dots, in use. All three continue to move in elevation about one click every 100-200 rounds. He has them witness marked.

I mounted a SRO today, and it also seemed to move down in elevation over the course of several hundred rounds. I will witness mark it tonight, as I didn’t have my marker with me at the range.
    The upside: Warranty can be measured in days, not months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No movement yet on mine but still only a paltry 500+ rds, which marker do you use for that George?

User Tag List