Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

ran a Walls Of steel match on Friday so I'm up to about 1,100 rounds through my 5moa SRO. no movement, the dot is nice and crisp
    and very bright it sits back a bit further from the Extraction port on the Shadow 2 than most other guns I've seen,
    I've actually noticed less dirt on the lense with this than I did with the Vortex Venom that I had on there before.
    I will definitely be picking up another one to put on my M&P 9L

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Update on my original 1MOA SRO. Currently have 2,800 rounds on it on two different pistols. For the FBI Pistol Instructor school it was mounted on my Gen5 G34 MOS on the C&H V3 plate using McMaster-Carr screws, Vibratite VC3, and 14.5 in/lbs of torque. I also ran it during Scott’s LE Only RDS Instructor course on my Agency AOS cut G45 slide using the screws provided by Agency Arms, Vibratite VC3, and 13 in/lbs of torque.

So far I’ve only noticed that the front glass gets a bit more funk on it than my RMRs do after a couple hundred rounds or so. Beyond that, no issues.

Sold my ACRO last week and picked up a new 2.5moa SRO yesterday from Kenzie’s Optics.
    How do you like the aos vs mos/c&h? I have the v3 plate on my 19 mos/rmr, just got a g45 and probably going to go aos instead of diect mill.

My wife is now running a SRO 5 moa on a 320 X5 Legion, using a Springer plate. She is very satisfied, as is my friend who also has a pair of SRO 5 units on a pair of Legions. I am running a SRO 5 as primary on a P10F.

These optics are working perfectly, and for my use, are head and shoulders above any other optic available today.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife is now running a SRO 5 moa on a 320 X5 Legion, using a Springer plate. She is very satisfied, as is my friend who also has a pair of SRO 5 units on a pair of Legions. I am running a SRO 5 as primary on a P10F.

These optics are working perfectly, and for my use, are head and shoulders above any other optic available today.
    Not to be a PITA George but that "any other optic available today" would include a *ruggedized* DPP?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Not to be a PITA George but that "any other optic available today" would include a *ruggedized* DPP?
    Yes. SRO has a better display, better controls, auto function as an option, better battery life and better integration with BIUS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes. SRO has a better display, better controls, auto function as an option, better battery life and better integration with BIUS.
    Too bad the mounting screws are too far apart to be direct milled on a Walther.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Shadow 2 remains to be a logistic pain in the ass to mount stuff on. My enthusiasm about the just-received 5 MOA SRO was promptly curbed by finding of a gap between optic and mounting plate. Life is tough when you want the latest and greatest

Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

mine has that gap as well, doesn't seem to be a problem so far , about 1600 rounds through it , nothing has budged yet.
    I sent Stuart at the custom shop a message with a link to this post.
    Nick
    Last edited by kmanick; 08-22-2019 at 09:15 PM.

I have emailed him already. I had a DPP mounted on this slide, there was absolutely no gap between it and adapter plate. There was a post on Enos with an RMR going down on a Shadow. It could have been completely coincidental but the plate under that RMR wasn't straight either. I am bit leery about mounting this thing, especially that the torque poundage is not supposed to be high on an aluminum plate. Good to hear that yours is running ok.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    Update on my original 1MOA SRO. Currently have 2,800 rounds on it on two different pistols. For the FBI Pistol Instructor school it was mounted on my Gen5 G34 MOS on the C&H V3 plate using McMaster-Carr screws, Vibratite VC3, and 14.5 in/lbs of torque. I also ran it during Scott’s LE Only RDS Instructor course on my Agency AOS cut G45 slide using the screws provided by Agency Arms, Vibratite VC3, and 13 in/lbs of torque.

So far I’ve only noticed that the front glass gets a bit more funk on it than my RMRs do after a couple hundred rounds or so. Beyond that, no issues.

Sold my ACRO last week and picked up a new 2.5moa SRO yesterday from Kenzie’s Optics.
    How do you like the 2.5 vs the 1 MOA dot? GJM noted it is easy to leave the 5MOA on auto brightness. Does the 2.5 have a good dot in varied conditions on auto brightness? Thanks.

User Tag List