Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just checked with him. He filed 1mm off the front of the optic, where it extended towards the ejection port. He did that surgery with the SRO still on the optic. We will be watching zero carefully on our SRO units, as we would with any new design.
    Thanks for all the SRO info. Hard to believe him filing 1mm off had anything to do with the shift. I do not shoot comp but it is nice to gather as many data points as possible. Most everything is relative one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who knows. I have seen zero shifts based on sun angle, ammo and probably just my mood. 1.5 inches isn’t much, but I am reporting anything we see — good, bad or indifferent.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My wife had session 3 with the SRO on a G5 34 MOS. She really likes the optic. No reliability or other issues to report.

My friend with the X5 is over 1,000 rounds without issue since he removed 1mm from the front of the SRO housing. He did note that his zero moved 1.5 inches vertically, and he will continue to monitor.
    After two matches this weekend, my friend inspected the SRO and noted the elevation adjustment had move five clicks down on its own.

After two matches this weekend, my friend inspected the SRO and noted the elevation adjustment had move five clicks down on its own.
    Should probably send it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Should probably send it in.

I wonder what Trijicon will say when/if they see the custom machining on it.

I have gotten out of the habit of painting small witness marks on the adjustments, because the DP Pro optics have always held zero without fail for us. Will be putting them on the SRO to watch for movement.

I remember many years ago when I first started running RMRs on patrol, DocGKR recommended witness marks and hitting it with clear coat nail polish. Always did the trick for me whenever I had one that would move. Plus it’s not permanent...

Just got a call from my friend. He mounted a second SRO on a 320 X5 today, zeroed it, and made witness marks. After 200 rounds, the elevation adjustment had moved one click in elevation on the second SRO. He noted that the adjustment clicks felt less positive than on the DP Pro. He was going to shoot more today and observe. Given this is two units out of two doing the same thing, I would say SRO owners should watch this closely.

Just got a call from my friend. He mounted a second SRO on a 320 X5 today, zeroed it, and made witness marks. After 200 rounds, the elevation adjustment had moved one click in elevation on the second SRO. He noted that the adjustment clicks felt less positive than on the DP Pro. He was going to shoot more today and observe. Given this is two units out of two doing the same thing, I would say SRO owners should watch this closely.
    Thanks for a second data point. Will be watching this when I get mine running.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Moved one more click, in his shooting subsequent to my last post.

User Tag List