Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Harder on electronics due to G load of the slide. But not physically harder on the optic body/lens.

Everything this a compromise I guess, Trijicon knew probably going for the larger window is going to sacrifice the raw ability to shurg off blunt force to the body of the SRO.

But if they beefed the electronics up to give the SRO a longer round service life. I'll scratch that as a win in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Wouldn't competition be harder on the device?

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    Harder on electronics due to G load of the slide. But not physically harder on the optic body/lens.
    I am yet to break the body or lens of a pistol mounted optic, although I am well north of 20 failures of the electronics from shooting them.

I take manufacturer claims with a grain salt, because they may be biased or their testing program just does not simulate the forces shooting places on the optic.

I think 6-12 months into service, we will have a good idea how the SRO (and Acro) hold up to impact and shooting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    although I am well north of 20 failures of the electronics from shooting them.
    That's the point of my question. It appears shooting is the root cause of failures. I would expect competition shooting to be higher volume than "duty" shooting.

Chris

I must have missed the brightness lock feature in previous videos or posts. Man someone was definitely thinking there.

I have heard from three different sources, that Trijicon is saying their new SRO is built for competition, not duty, and for duty they recommend the RMR. Not sure if they are trying to protect the RMR, just be cautious, or they know something from their testing.
    Can you cite the sources?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard from three different sources, that Trijicon is saying their new SRO is built for competition, not duty, and for duty they recommend the RMR. Not sure if they are trying to protect the RMR, just be cautious, or they know something from their testing.
    Their big tester (Will Petty) is definitely a “Tactical “ shooter, not a competition shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Can you cite the sources?

Three different knowledgeable industry people, I personally know, who said they were told this by Trijicon.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I still remember when MagPul introduced the PMAG it was supposed to be a cheap training alternative to USGI aluminum magazines. That was the initial marketing - and I think it was smart. Trijicon may be doing the same thing with the SRO.

Still totally excited to put this on a pistol, my LGS/range has one of their first shipped with my name on it.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

User Tag List