Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    So it seems the RMR is still the optimal choice for a duty/carry optic.

There is something to be said about how long the RMR has been used and the development that it has undergone.
    With Trijicon's RMR hood design patent it might be the strongest design for a while. Honestly kind of surprised they didn't incorporate the RMR's owl ears into the SRO design somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by hfrog355 View Post
    I think you have that backwards. By saying the SRO isn't for hard use, they're defining hard use as rocks. Ergo the SRO is good for thousands of rounds, but not hard use (rocks) like the RMR.
    Yup got it backwards. Hard use is rocks and bumps. GJM is thousands of rounds fired which is what the SRO is marketed as being able to do.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I view the Sage Dynamics testing as mostly entertainment — just another variation of the MAC mud and sand gauntlet. I could care less how an optic performs when it is dropped onto a large rock or cement. I broke 31 DP Pro optics, and not a single one from an external blow or drop. I want to know if the optic holds zero, how it stands up to the abuse of being mounted on a slide and shot many thousands of rounds, how long the battery lasts, and how it stands up to sweat and rain. If I drop the optic onto a hard surface, and break it, I will get another one. Frankly, if you dropped most pistols onto their iron sights like he does with the optics, you will break or displace iron sights.
    Dayam,, thinking about starting a drinking game...Every time you hear "not for duty use"...DRINK! Might just pass out during that video....

pat

I'm still not really concerned about the "Duty Grade" rating based on the drop and crush test results at all.

For me, for a LE "Duty grade" Pistol Mounted Optic I am far more interested in having a top loading battery compartment. This will mitigate most of the mounting related issues which has been the biggest issue (by far) I've seen with LE Pistol Mounted Optic systems. Especially now that more and larger LE agencies are adopting PMO's, the mounting of the PMO's on factory adapter plate systems like the MOS, CORE, etc. will likely become the biggest issue regarding "reliability" of the overall PMO systems for LE duty/service pistols.

I'm also far more interested in having a bigger and clearer window display to see and gather more information through, than I am concerned about the drop or crush testing results. The window of the SRO is soo much better than the RMR's window that I'm willing to make the sacrifice in "durability" regarding the drop test results.

And I'm also more interested in having an extended battery life, than I am the drop or crush test results.
    Last edited by NickDrak; 06-19-2019 at 11:51 AM.

No joy in Mudville. Zeroed my SRO, made witness marks. Good news is the adjustments are holding steady. The bad news is, in manual mode, the dot is morphing in intensity between 2.5 and 10 MOA.

Out of the box failure!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have been told that there is an RMR type 3 coming that will incorporate some of the SRO's improvements, but that the earliest you'll see it is SHOT 2020. I was not told what improvements they might choose, but one would hope that they keep the controls of the SRO at the very least, allowing locking out of the battery save functionality, and hopefully somehow redesign to allow for a top loaded battery.

No joy in Mudville. Zeroed my SRO, made witness marks. Good news is the adjustments are holding steady. The bad news is, in manual mode, the dot is morphing in intensity between 2.5 and 10 MOA.

Out of the box failure!
    More bad SRO news. My friend, who has two, had one of his develop a problem where the dot is 10 moa or larger, and misshaped. He just ripped it off and replaced it with a RTS2 as we are traveling to a match tomorrow.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

All the new optics seem to be shitting the bed. Disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    ...I know how I define hard use, and it doesn’t involve rocks.
    Man, that was funny. True, but funny.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Camaraderie: your competitors release shitty products, and you do the same. United, we fall.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List